Akhilesh stakes claim to form governmentMarch 10th, 2012 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 10 (IANS) Chief Minister designate Akhilesh Yadav met Uttar Pradesh Governor B.L. Joshi and staked claim to form the next government in the state.
Flanked by Samajwadi Party leaders Shivpal Yadav and Mohd Azam Khan, Akhilesh Yadav handed over a letter to Joshi stating he had been elected the party’s legislature leader.
The trio reached the Raj Bhawan together.
Later, they posed for the media, with Shivpal Yadav flashing a victory sign. Azam Khan refused to interact with the press and quietly sat in the car even as Akhilesh Yadav shook hands with officials.
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- At 38, Akhilesh to be UP's youngest chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav becomes UP's youngest chief minister (Third Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- UP assembly opens on stormy note - May 28, 2012
- Akhilesh takes over, shunts out Mayawati loyalists (Evening Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- UP governor accepts Mayawati's resignation - Mar 08, 2012
- All promises will be fulfilled: Akhilesh - Mar 10, 2012
- Course correction if Mulayam wishes it: Akhilesh - Aug 01, 2012
- Mulayam, Akhilesh get Z-plus security cover - Apr 12, 2012
- After Azam barb, disquiet in SP out in open (News Analysis) - Jul 26, 2012
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Two UP Congress leaders hitch onto Samajwadi Party bicycle (News Analysis) - Apr 22, 2012
- With ministers like his, Akhilesh needs no enemies (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 18, 2012
- Minister flayed for saying officials can steal from state coffers - Aug 10, 2012
- Communal riot add to Mulayam-Akhilesh's headache - Jun 02, 2012