Akhilesh assures all help for NIA hub in UPApril 24th, 2012 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 24 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday assured National Investigation Agency chief S.C. Sinha all help in setting up a hub in the state capital.
Noting the move to set up the hub would go a long way in tackling the menace of terror, Akhilesh said the state has suffered from the scourge of terrorism many times in the past and the Samajwadi Party (SP) government would do all it could to help setting up the NIA’s regional office in the state.
Sinha, who called on the chief minister at his office here, briefed him on the NIA’s activities and informed him that NIA state offices have already come up at Hyderabad and Guwahati.
He also informed Akhilesh that from the pattern of recent terrorist attacks in different parts of the country, it was clear that these attacks are planned centrally and executed in a very coordinated manner.
Officials from the home department and the chief minister’s office who were present at the meeting called it a very “promising and positive” one, where “many long term issues were discussed.”
The NIA was created under the NIA Act of 2008, and is mandated at the national level, to investigate and prosecute offences affecting the sovereignty, security and integrity of India.
- Akhilesh has no control over officials, party workers: BJP - May 17, 2012
- S.C. Sinha of Shopian fame is new NIA chief (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- 11 killed, 91 injured as terror returns to Delhi - Sep 08, 2011
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- At 38, Akhilesh to be UP's youngest chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects - Apr 14, 2012
- Assam plans new cells to tackle Maoists, fake currency - May 14, 2012
- Centre fails to convince dissenting CMs on NCTC (Intro Roundup) - May 05, 2012
- Akhilesh to attend meet on internal security - Apr 09, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen hand in bomb attack being probed (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- NSA pitches hard for NCTC to prevent terror - Apr 03, 2012
- Manmohan fails to woo dissenting CMs on NCTC (Roundup) - May 05, 2012
- Mulayam gives Akhilesh full marks on completing 100 days - Jun 22, 2012
- IEDs were prepared with sophistication: Home secretary - Jul 14, 2011
- Chidambaram opens security hub, Mamata skips event (Second Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: agency chief, april 24, chief minister, hub, hyderabad, India, integrity, investigation agency, lucknow, national investigation, recent terrorist attacks, regional office, Samajwadi Party, scourge, sovereignty, state offices, terror, terrorism, yadav