Akhilesh asks party’s youth to work for Lok Sabha winAugust 7th, 2012 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 6 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Samajwadi Party leader Akhilesh Yadav Monday assured the party’s youth wing that promises made to the youths will soon be fulfilled and exhorted them to do their best to secure maximum Lok Sabha seats in the next general elections.
Addressing a meeting of the youth wing district presidents here, Akhilesh Yadav said they should remember the “brutal and oppressive regime” of Mayawati and the atrocities committed on them by her Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government.
“I am sure that after you remember the atrocities faced in the BSP regime, you all will work harder to ensure that the party wins a large number of Lok Sabha seats,” the chief minister added.
Asking them to ensure that the “dreams of Netaji (his father and party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav) were not shattered”, Akhilesh Yadav asked the youth brigade to fan out in the state and inform people of the giant strides the government has taken to ensure a better future for the youths.
The chief minister also asked them to keep a vigil on the programmes and schemes launched by the SP government and to keep giving him the feedback on their implementation.
He also warned them that their big win at the state assembly polls has produced bigger enemies. Asking them to be cautious of conspiracies against the party and the government, Akhilesh Yadav said they need to be watchful of their conduct.
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- Lok Sabha polls anytime after a year: Mulayam (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Lok Sabha polls can happen any time after an year: Mulayam - Mar 23, 2012
- Mayawati fast-tracks preparations for Lok Sabha polls - Apr 03, 2012
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- Congress cannot take our support for granted: Shahid Siddiqui - Mar 13, 2012
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- Akhilesh comes of age in rough, tough UP politics - Mar 06, 2012
- Prepare for Lok Sabha polls anytime next year: Mulayam (Second Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Akhilesh takes over, shunts out Mayawati loyalists (Evening Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh becomes UP chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Mulayam day-dreaming of becoming PM: Beni Prasad - Aug 20, 2012
- A word from Sonia means 24x7 power - Aug 29, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav's wife to contest Kannauj by-election (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Communal violence casts a shadow on Uttar Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: atrocities, bahujan samaj party, better future, big win, chief minister, conspiracies, district presidents, dreams, enemies, general elections, giant strides, implementation, lok sabha seats, Mayawati, mulayam singh yadav, oppressive regime, party leader, state assembly polls, vigil, youth brigade