Akbar Lone is speaker of Jammu and Kashmir assemblyFebruary 25th, 2009 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Feb 25 (IANS) Senior leader of the ruling National Conference Mohammad Akbar Lone was unanimously elected speaker of the newly elected Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly Wednesday.
Akbar Lone was the deputy speaker in the last assembly.
Leaders of all parties in the house hailed the qualities of Akbar Lone and expressed hope that he would live up to the highest traditions of parliamentary democracy in his new position.
Akbar Lone thanked the members of the house for reposing confidence in him.
- Jammu and Kashmir deputy speaker not to take back resignation - Mar 09, 2011
- War erupts in Kashmir's BJP unit - May 31, 2011
- 'Cancel assembly memberships of expelled BJP legislators' - Feb 19, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir deputy speaker quits (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- BJP expels Jammu and Kashmir leader Chaman Lal Gupta (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Deputy speaker quits on Kashmir speaker's remarks - Mar 03, 2011
- Malhotra recommended for post of Kashmir council acting chairman - Oct 15, 2011
- Media boycotts Kashmir legislature - Feb 27, 2012
- Jammu Kashmir deputy speaker rejects speaker's plea - Mar 12, 2011
- Guru clemency resolution has lapsed, says speaker - Sep 28, 2011
- Justice Mahesh Mittal Kumar sworn-in as J&K; chief justice - Jun 08, 2012
- PDP again raises custodial death, assembly adjourned sine die - Oct 04, 2011
- Kashmir mediapersons call off house boycott - Feb 29, 2012
- Media continues boycott of Jammu & Kashmir House proceedings - Feb 28, 2012
- Opposition stages walkout in Kashmir assembly - Mar 01, 2011