Ajmer shrine finally receives Zardari’s $1 mn donationAugust 18th, 2012 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Ajmer, Aug 17 (IANS) Four months after visiting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari announced $1 million donation for Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti’s shrine here, the shrine authorities finally received the money from a Pakistan delegation Friday evening, shrine officials said.
The money was paid by a delegation of Pakistan High Commission at a government circuit house in the town, some 150 km from Jaipur, they added.
Zardari had offered prayers at the revered shrine in Ajmer April 8 and announced the donation.
He was accompanied by his son Bilawal, who had earlier visited the shrine in 2003. The shrine’s administrators had described the donation as one of the biggest in recent years.
A six member-team of Pakistan High Commission had arrived at Ajmer Friday morning, a member of the shrine’s Anjuman committee, which comprises khadims (servitors) of the dargah, told IANS.
“A closed door meeting between members of the Pakistan delegation and Anjuman committee was held for three hours. There was some dispute among the shrine authorities about distribution of the money among various committees involved in shrine’s regular affairs,” a source said.
However the issue was resolved and the money was handed over to the shrine authorities in the evening.
- Zardari donation will be for 'noble causes': Ajmer dargah (With Image) - Apr 09, 2012
- Process on to deliver Zardari's donation to Ajmer shrine - Jul 30, 2012
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari prays at Ajmer Sharif, donates $ 1m - Apr 08, 2012
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- The journey to Ajmer Sharif - from Akbar to Zardari - Apr 05, 2012
- 'Bilawal is like Rahul Gandhi' - Apr 08, 2012
- President Zardari returns home after Indian pilgrimage - Apr 08, 2012
- Sarabjit's kin in Ajmer, seek his release - Apr 08, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Keep windows shut, shops closed: Ajmer residents told - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari leaves for India - Apr 08, 2012
- Ajmer agog with impending Zardari visit - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari arrives in Ajmer, heads for dargah - Apr 08, 2012
- Send Chisty to Pakistan, Zardari tells Manmohan - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: 1 million, anjuman, asif ali zardari, authorities, committees, dargah, delegation, four months, friday evening, friday morning, jaipur, member team, moinuddin chisti, money, pakistan high commission, prayers, sufi saint