Ajmal passes doosra tips to Worcestershire team-mateFebruary 29th, 2012 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 29 (IANS) Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal, who tormented the England team in the recent cricket Test series, is happy passing on the secrets of the doosra to Worcestershire team-mate Moeen Ali.
Ajmal started coaching Ali last summer during a short stint as Worcestershire’s overseas player.
“Moeen had been playing with it (the doosra) before Saeed arrived but Saeed certainly helped him in advising the way his action might have to change to bowl it and that’s what he did,” Worcestershire director of cricket Steve Rhodes was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph.
“One thing I asked Saeed to do was get involved with Moeen and typical Saeed, he’s such an infectious and enthusiastic person it wasn’t a problem whatsoever. He wanted to help and he did help. I know they have kept in contact and they speak quite a lot,” he said.
Rhodes said Ali’s doosra is bowled legally and that, with continued practice, he will have the confidence to unveil his new weapon at some stage during the forthcoming season.
“Moeen started it seriously last summer when Saeed started helping him with it. It takes a lot of perfecting. You see Saeed bowling it looks so fantastic and easy but it’s actually really difficult to master so Moeen is having to do a lot of work on it,” Rhodes said.
- Saqlain backs Ajmal's doosra - Jan 24, 2012
- Pak team may replace Kaneria with Ajmal for Headingley Test against Australia - Jul 19, 2010
- 'Ajmal's overdose of "doosras" against Proteas failed the purpose' - Nov 16, 2010
- Doosra cannot be bowled legally: Holding - Apr 27, 2011
- 'Saeed Ajmal can be a match-winner with little variation,' says ex-Pak spinner - Aug 12, 2010
- South African bowling coach Donald plans to topple England - Aug 17, 2011
- Mohsin says he can get along with skipper Misbah - Oct 06, 2011
- "Doosra" cannot be bowled legally: Michael Holding - Apr 27, 2011
- Pakistan protests to ICC over Ajmal's omission from award list - Sep 04, 2012
- Pak cricket team deserves credit for reaching World Cup semi-final: Amir - Apr 03, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Christian & Rhodes vs Orton & Sheamus - Oct 08, 2011
- Holding's 'illegal Doosra' comments directed at Pak spinners "not prudent": Qasim - May 01, 2011
- Rampaul hopeful of victory in first Test against Pakistan - May 15, 2011
- Awesome Pakistan breeze into World Cup semifinals - Mar 24, 2011
- Ajmal to target 'key man' Kallis in Test series against South Africa - Oct 16, 2010
Tags: ali, bowling, confidence, cricket test, daily telegraph, doosra, england team, enthusiastic person, feb 29, forthcoming season, london feb, moeen, new weapon, pakistan, saeed, spinner, steve rhodes, stint, team mate, test series