Aishwarya in aid of AIDS at CannesMay 14th, 2012 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Actress Aishwarya Rai is a regular on the Cannes red carpet. But her visit to the 65th edition of the prestigious film festival is for a cause — the former beauty queen will help raise funds for fight against AIDS at an auction there.
The actress will be in Cannes May 24-25 and attend L’Oreal Paris - amfAR (The American Foundation for AIDS Research) dinner that will help raise funds for the fight against AIDS.
“Eleven glorious years….the journey so far has been remarkable and truly memorable. This year, I am especially privileged as I also get to lend my support to a very important cause at the amfAR dinner, by helping raise funds for the fight against AIDS, at the AMFAR auction,” Aishwarya, who has been attending the Cannes International Film Festival, as the face of L’Oreal Paris, said in a statement.
“It makes me proud that L’Oreal Paris sponsors and supports our fight against AIDS through this special amfAR event at Cannes,” she added.
Apart from Aishwarya, other key celebrities, who would attend the gala dinner are Gwen Stefani, Milla Jovovich, Aimee Mullins, Liya Kebede, Doutzen Kroes, Natasha Poly, Julianna Margulies, Diane Keaton.
The list also includes Alec Baldwin, Kenneth Cole, Milutin Gatsby, Michel Hazanavicius & Berenice Bejo, Ryan Kavanaugh, Karl Lagerfeld, Hugh Laurie, Carine Roitfeld and Harvey Weinstein.
The 65th Cannes International Film Festival is to take place May 16-27.
- Not styling Ash for Cannes red carpet: Sabyassachi - May 20, 2012
- Leave Ash alone, say fans - Jun 01, 2012
- Ash, Sonam, Frieda set to dazzle on Cannes red carpet - Apr 22, 2011
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- Hilton, Kardashian to patch up? - May 28, 2012
- Aishwarya Rai still endorses L'Oreal - Jan 09, 2011
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Robert Pattinson kisses for charity - May 23, 2009
- Mallika meets Jackie Chan, again (Movie Snippets) - May 21, 2012
- J.Lo raises $6.7mn for AIDS charity at Cannes auction - May 22, 2010
- Freida's skin tone not altered, says L'Oreal - Sep 29, 2011
- Bips asks fans for new DVD title (Movie Snippets) - May 14, 2012
- Designers give thumbs up to Ash's Cannes outfit - May 13, 2011
- Cole's 150-minute Cannes visit - May 20, 2012
- Bullock pays tribute to Liz Taylor - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: aids research, aimee mullins, aishwarya rai, alec baldwin, beauty queen, berenice bejo, cannes international film festival, carine roitfeld, doutzen kroes, gwen stefani, harvey weinstein, international film festival, julianna margulies, karl lagerfeld, l oreal, l oreal paris, michel hazanavicius, milla jovovich, prestigious film festival, ryan kavanaugh