Air passenger traffic falls for third straight monthAugust 17th, 2012 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Domestic air passenger traffic fell 11.17 percent for the third straight month in July, which stood at 45.37 lakh from 51.08 lakh travellers in June, official data showed Friday.
The trend started in May during which passenger traffic came down by 0.87 percent and stood at 54.48 lakh from 54.96 lakh carried in the corresponding month of 2011. June recorded a substantial fall of 3.84 percent at 51.08 lakh from 53.12 lakh in the like month of 2011.
The data released by the civil aviation ministry, however, showed the total passengers carried by all the domestic airlines in the January-July period grew by a marginal 1.74 percent at 354.52 lakh passengers from 348.47 lakh during the corresponding month of 2011.
“Number of passengers carried by them (domestic airlines) were 354.52 lakh between January-July 2012 as against 348.47 lakh during the corresponding period of the previous year showing the passenger traffic growth of 1.74 percent,” the data showed.
On a standalone basis, IndiGo had the largest market share of 27 percent, followed by Jet Airways, 19.4 percent, Air India, 18.2 percent, SpiceJet, 17.8 percent, JetLite, 7.2 percent, Go Air, 7 percent, and Kingfisher Airlines, 3.4 percent.
- Air passenger traffic falls for fourth straight month - Sep 18, 2012
- Air passenger traffic falls for second straight month - Jul 18, 2012
- India's domestic aviation sector worst performer globally - Aug 30, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in May - Jun 18, 2012
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Domestic January-March air growth at 6.55 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Despite strike, Air India passenger traffic grows - Jul 01, 2012
- Aviation regulator directs airlines to rationalise fares - Jun 18, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in April - May 17, 2012
- Domestic air passenger numbers drop 11.08 percent in Q2 - Oct 19, 2010
- Passenger traffic up 19.3 percent from January to August - Sep 16, 2010
- US airline traffic up 1.6 percent - Jul 20, 2012
- IndiGo becomes third largest domestic airline - Jan 18, 2011
- US airline traffic up - Mar 23, 2012
- US airline passengers go up - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: air india, civil aviation ministry, domestic airlines, indigo, jet airways, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, lakh, market share, New Delhi, passenger traffic, previous year, standalone basis, traffic growth, travellers