Air India keen to get back to winning ways in I-LeagueJanuary 27th, 2012 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Jan 27 (IANS) Post Christmas, Air India and Mumbai FC seem to be charting the same path. The sudden dip in form of both the teams has surprised all. And as they face each other at the Balewadi Sports Complex Saturday, both would be aiming to get back on the winning track in I-League football.
“We have been unlucky of late, but I guess now we are prepared to take on the chances and force for a win,” said Air India coach Santosh Kashyap.
Kashyap’s confidence also stems from the fact that Mumbai FC have lost four of their last five matches, including a 0-5 mauling by Sporting Clube de Goa at Fatorda last week.
There was a lot of bad blood between the two teams after Jamil and Sporting striker James Moga got involved in an altercation.
“We have been very close to winning in some matches but ended up drawing. Anyway, I am happy with the performance of my boys and I am sure they will do better,” added Kashyap.
Air India are currently on 21 points from 16 matches while Mumbai FC are on 14 points from 16 matches.
“Every match is a new match for us and we know that Mumbai FC are a good side,” Kashyap said.
For Mumbai FC, striker Keegan Pereira, who was red-carded during the Round 15 match against Pune FC, will be back. A lot will though depend on Ebi Sukore and Gbeneme Friday upfront. Mumbai FC hasn’t lost to Air India so far in their past five face-offs.
Air India on the other hand has been a more steady side since the turn of 2012. Collin Abranches, Lamine Tamba and Bijoy Basfore have done their job in defence with Pawan Kumar standing tall under the bar.
But they would be missing in-form Ramandeep Singh who is suspended. Kali Alaudeen could also be forced to sit out after he injured his knee in the last match against Pune FC.
- Air India snap Mumbai FC's five-match unbeaten run in I-League - Jan 28, 2012
- Relegation-threatened Mumbai FC face Lajong - Apr 03, 2012
- Chirag United challenge for Air India - Feb 11, 2012
- Churchill's chance to claim No.2 spot - Feb 05, 2012
- I-League: Mumbai Indians beat Shillong Lajong 2-1 - Apr 04, 2012
- Prayag United, Mumbai FC shock rivals - Nov 23, 2011
- Mohun Bagan, Mumbai FC win (Roundup) - Oct 24, 2011
- Dempo thrash Mumbai FC 2-0 in I-League - Feb 01, 2012
- Air India look to consolidate position - Feb 04, 2012
- East Bengal finish second in I-League - May 05, 2012
- Sporting Clube favourites against Mumbai FC - Jan 22, 2012
- I-League: Prayag United held goalless by Air India - Apr 11, 2012
- Sporting Clube register a memorable win against Pune - Feb 01, 2012
- Federation Cup: Holders Salgaocar in tough group - Aug 24, 2012
- Air India hopes to break Churchill at home - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: air india, altercation, bad blood, bijoy, ebi, face offs, jamil, kashyap, keegan, last match, league football, moga, mumbai, pune, ramandeep singh, santosh, sporting clube, striker, tamba, winning ways