Air India Express planning to boost Qatar operationsOctober 7th, 2008 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Oct 7 (IANS) India’s national low-cost carrier Air India Express is planning to expand its operations to Qatar, its regional head said.F.D. Warden, National Aviation Co of India’s executive director for the Middle East and Africa, told the Gulf Times that the airline was first giving priority to increasing the frequency of its flights from Qatar to Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala.
“Then, we are also actively considering to launch services to Chennai,” he was quoted as saying.
The airline currently operates 13 flights a week from the Qatari capital Doha to various destinations in India, offering a total of 4,000 seats.
Its operation to Thiruvananthapuram is currently limited to a weekly flight.
According to Warden, additional flights to the Kerala capital can be tied up with flights to either Kochi in Kerala or Mangalore in Karnataka.
“If market conditions warrant more stand-alone flights from Doha, we will do that as well,” he said.
A large number of the 420,000 expatriate Indians in Qatar hail from Kerala.
- Air India Charters to shift head quarters to Kochi - Dec 30, 2010
- Crucial Air India meeting postponed (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Crucial Air India meeting on 'Express' arm - Nov 10, 2010
- Three CPI-M leaders allege ill-treatment at Doha airport - Apr 29, 2012
- SpiceJet links Thiruvananthapuram to Hyderabad, Chennai - Oct 07, 2011
- Saudi Arabia's Nasair starts Delhi flights - Jan 18, 2011
- Qatar Keralites to release film on elderly - Mar 23, 2011
- Air India pilots' strike affects Kozhikode flights - May 10, 2012
- Tiger Airways Hyderabad-Singapore flight from September - Jul 02, 2012
- RAK Airways keen to operate more flights into Kerala - Aug 02, 2011
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Airline captain dies while flying plane from Philippines to Qatar - Oct 14, 2010
- Qatar Airways to start Doha-Amritsar flights - Jun 11, 2009
- Kerala will push low-cost airline, Islamic banking: Chandy - Nov 22, 2011