Air India aircraft door suffers damage, flight delayedMay 15th, 2008 - 3:18 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 15 (IANS) An Air India Mumbai-Chennai flight was delayed for more than four hours Thursday when its door was damaged after the passenger boarding bridge slammed against it. The incident took place around 4.07 a.m. Thursday when Air India flight AI-640 was readying for take-off.
“The aircraft push back had begun - before the door was closed,” an airport official told IANS requesting anonymity.
Aircraft cannot do a push back until the door is closed and the aerobridge removed.
“The aerobridge, which was put up on the door of the aircraft, was still connected and the push back began. In the confusion, the boarding bridge hit the Airbus A-320 aircraft door which was open,” said an airport official
The aircraft was grounded for repairs and safety checks. There were around 91 passengers on board the plane.
An airline spokesperson, confirming the incident, told IANS that the aircraft left for its destination at 8.30 a.m.
- Plane makes emergency landing after bird hit - Aug 20, 2011
- Air India flight turbulence leaves passengers injured, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
- Coach rams into Go Air plane at Mumbai airport - Dec 29, 2011
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike - Apr 13, 2012
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Front tyres of Air India plane burst, no casualties - Sep 06, 2011
- Turkish Airways plane goes off runway in Mumbai during heavy rainfall - Sep 03, 2011
- Faulty alarm causes GoAir flight to make emergency landing - Jun 06, 2011
- Air India passengers relieved to get home, some miffed with Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Bee Swarm on Airplane Wing Delays Flight - Nov 18, 2010
- Joyride for special kids on Childrens' Day - Nov 14, 2011
- JetBlue fined $90,000 for violating passenger rights - Aug 22, 2012
- Plane makes emergency landing in London - Apr 16, 2012
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011