Air force official held for employing, abusing childFebruary 11th, 2009 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 11 (IANS) An Indian Air Force official was arrested Wednesday for keeping a 10-year-old child as a domestic help, torturing him and locking him up inside his house here on several occasions, the police said.
Sergeant Rajesh Kumar was arrested after a neighbour lodged a complaint against him with the police, said Circle Officer (Border) S.P. Singh.
Kumar was posted at the Hindon Air Force base and had brought the child - Jitendra - from his native village Kutni in Bihar. He apparently brought the child, an orphan, from the village on the pretext of bringing him up and educating him, the official said.
Since no official accommodation was available at the air force base, Kumar was staying in a rented house. Jitendra was never allowed out of the house and whenever Kumar went out, he would lock up the 10-year-old in the second floor home, Singh said.
In their absence, the child would request the landlord on the ground floor to rescue him, the police officer added.
On Wednesday, when Kumar went shopping he forgot to lock the child. Neighbours were quick to rescue Jitendra and brought him to the Sahibabad police station, where the child recorded his statement.
His hands were swollen and his feet were also badly hurt, the official said.
The child has been sent for medical examination and Kumar was arrested for child abuse, Singh said.
- Vigilance inquiry against four policemen - Mar 30, 2011
- Ex-IAF officer, wife murdered (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Journalist, pregnant wife attacked - Jul 07, 2012
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Man held for kidnapping minor boy - Oct 20, 2011
- Boy arrested for raping six-month-old child - Jun 10, 2011
- Man holds wife, in-laws hostage for not paying dowry - May 07, 2012
- Husband murders wife, daughters, kills self in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- Maid torture: Doctor couple arrested in Delhi (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- 25 Chhattisgarh child labourers rescued from brick kiln - Jan 31, 2011
- Maid torture case: No shield against arrest for employers - Apr 03, 2012
- Maid torture: Doctor couple's police custody extended - Apr 06, 2012
- Three get life term for 2006 kidnapping of Adobe CEO's son - Sep 26, 2011
- Three convicted for 2006 kidnapping of Adobe CEO's son - Sep 25, 2011