Air Force and Navy now in IGNOU’s community college scheme ambitNovember 17th, 2010 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) The community college scheme of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), which aims to empower individuals by providing educational certification, is being extended to the Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy, a statement by the varsity said Wednesday.
According to the statement, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) will soon be signed between the varsity and the two forces which will “empower the servicemen”. Educational certification will be awarded to the servicemen, recognising the “in service training” done by them and in turn provide opportunity for a second career option.
A similar MoU was signed between IGNOU and the Indian Army earlier, as per which the Army-IGNOU community colleges will function as autonomous bodies conducting examinations.
Major General S.P. Kochar, additional director general-personnel services of the Indian Army, said: “The IGNOU community college scheme allows the in-service training of jawans to be recognised, which helps the soldiers to get better career opportunities post retirement.”
- Army, IGNOU sign MoU to give soldiers' second career option - Sep 04, 2009
- IGNOU to award skill-recognition degrees to Indian Navy sailors - Jun 24, 2011
- IGNOU to partner with US community colleges - Aug 21, 2011
- Security in neighbourhood cause for concern: Antony - Sep 14, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- Army to tie up with IGNOU for giving soldiers a better life after retirement - Sep 03, 2009
- Indian Army-IGNOU tie up to give degrees to soldiers - Sep 04, 2009
- IGNOU to start courses in garmenting, fashion designing - Oct 12, 2009
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- IGNOU awards certificates to 308 army personnel - Apr 21, 2010
- IGNOU to offer courses on traditional knowledge systems - Jul 12, 2011
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- IGNOU to offer electronics, IT courses - Sep 22, 2011
- IGNOU inks pact to promote indigenous knowledge - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: autonomous bodies, career opportunities, career option, community colleges, educational certification, ignou, indian air force, indian army, indian navy, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, memorandum of understanding, national open university, New Delhi, personnel services, retirement, varsity