Air crash: Bodies handed over to families (Lead)May 26th, 2011 - 1:42 pm ICT by IANS
Faridabad, May 26 (IANS) The bodies of all 10 people killed after an air ambulance crashed in a residential colony here were handed over to their families after autopsy, officials said Thursday.
The bodies had been taken to the Badshah Khan Hospital here for post-mortem.
Anita Yadav, the additional deputy commissioner of Faridabad, told IANS: “Post-mortem of all 10 bodies has been completed. They have been handed over to their relatives. Five bodies have been cremated in Faridabad.”
According to Haryana Police, 10 people, including three on the ground, were killed in the crash late Wednesday in Faridabad, a New Delhi suburb.
The air ambulance was transporting a critically ill patient, Rahul Raj, from Patna. It crashed barely minutes before it was to land in New Delhi.
“Rahul was cremated in Faridabad. We are assisting the victim’s relatives and providing all possible help to them,” said Yadav.
“All bodies were badly burnt and beyond recognition. Three people also sustained burn injuries in this incident. However, they are out of danger and recuperating well in the hospital,” said a police officer.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Thursday announced a compensation of Rs.2 lakh each to the kin of the three Faridabad residents killed in the disaster.
A sum of Rs.20,000 each will be given to the three injured locals.
The chief minister also said an assessment of the damaged houses will be done and the affected residents will be compensated.
- Air ambulance crash: all 10 bodies recovered - May 26, 2011
- Bad weather caused crash? - May 26, 2011
- Entire Apollo family is devastated, says hospital - May 26, 2011
- 10 killed as air ambulance crashes near Delhi (Fourth Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Faridabad site cordoned off, DGCA team inspecting crash - May 26, 2011
- India's first air ambulance crash kills 10, probe ordered (Roundup) - May 26, 2011
- Nine killed as air ambulance crashes near Delhi (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- 10 killed as air ambulance crashes near Delhi (Third Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Kashmiris mourn local doctor's death in air ambulance crash - May 27, 2011
- Nine lives lost as air ambulance sent to save one - May 26, 2011
- 'A burning plane, a thunderous sound' - all hell broke loose - May 26, 2011
- He couldn't tell us exact time of return: Killed doctor's family - May 26, 2011
- Kashmiri doctor killed in Faridabad crash - May 26, 2011
Tags: air ambulance, air crash, anita, autopsy, badshah khan, chief minister, crash bodies, deputy commissioner, hooda, ill patient, locals, New Delhi, patna, police officer, post mortem, raj, relatives, rs 2, suburb, yadav