AIIMS paper leak accused sent to police custodyJanuary 10th, 2012 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) A Delhi court Tuesday sent to seven days’ police custody the five accused involved in a bid to leak the post-graduate entrance exam paper of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
The accused were brought before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Amit Bansal, who remanded them to police custody till Jan 17.
“Keeping in view the facts and circumstance of the case and submission made by the investigating officer that further custodial interrogation of the accused is required to unearth the entire conspiracy and to recover the amount, the accused are sent to seven days police custody,” the magistrate said.
Police told the court that the remand of the accused was required to unearth the entire conspiracy, and the accused are required to be taken to different places like Nagpur, Kota, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chandigarh and Patna, among others, for the investigation.
The court was told that the accused were charging Rs.25-35 lakh from each candidate and the amount has to be recovered and the source of the money verified.
Of the five accused booked for cheating and conspiracy, police said Mohit Choudhary, 23, who hails from Uttar Pradesh’s Bulandshahr town was the gang leader.
Amit Punia, who did his MBBS from Rohtak; Kapil Kumar, 27, an MBA graduate from Jamia Milia Islamia; and Krishan Pratap, 27, an MBA from IMC Meerut are whose arrests Monday exposed the conspiracy.
Posing as students, Punia, Kumar and Pratap entered the hall with their gadgets. As soon as the three got the question papers, they clicked pictures of the papers and emailed them to Bhisham Singh, 27, who was operating a computer in a rented accommodation near the hall, police said.
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 17, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to jail till Feb 14 - Jan 31, 2012
- High-tech mobiles used in AIIMS paper leak - Jan 09, 2012
- Two doctors arrested in AIIMS exam leak racket (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Third Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Delhi legislator's attackers sent to police custody - Jun 04, 2012
- Abhishek Verma faces arrest for money laundering - Aug 21, 2012
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Raja, Balwa's CBI custody extended (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- Maharashtra cops explain terror suspect's absence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Allahabad bomb blast accused sent to police custody - Jul 22, 2010
- Excise official sent to police custody - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, bansal, custodial interrogation, delhi court, gang leader, graduate entrance exam, india institute, jamia milia islamia, kapil, krishan, lakh, magistrate, mba graduate, mbbs, patna, police custody, pratap, question papers, remand, rented accommodation