AIIMS gets notice for not giving amputees artificial limbsFebruary 29th, 2012 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 29 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for failing to comply with its earlier order to provide artificial limbs within one month to victims of the Sep 7, 2011, blast outside the court.
A bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw slotted the next hearing for Thursday.
The court had earlier, while hearing a public interest petition, told the Delhi government to pay money to the AIIMs, which would provide artificial limbs to the victims.
Petitioner Gaurav Bansal and blast victim Vipin Kumar Gautam sought the best artificial limbs for those injured in the blast. Gautam’s left leg was amputated below the knee.
The petitioner said the court had earlier directed the state government to provide best artificial limbs to those victims who suffered amputation, but till now no action has been taken.
Gautam said he had requested the Delhi deputy commissioner to provide him the best prosthetic leg, but nothing happened.
In his petition, he noted that the court Sep 21 last year directed the government to pay Rs.10 lakh to the permanently disabled victims and had also directed to provide free treatment to the victims under its ‘Freeship Medical Treatment Quota’.
Fifteen people were killed and several were disabled in the blast.
- Give blast victims artificial limbs in 3 weeks, AIIMS told - Mar 01, 2012
- Give Delhi blast victims artificial limbs in a month: Court (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Rs.10 lakh for Sep 7 blast victims: Court - Sep 21, 2011
- Wounded in body and mind, but coping with terror (Week after Delhi High Court blast) - Sep 14, 2011
- Give Rohini plots to blast victims on priority: Court (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
- AIIMS served notice for turning away patient - Jun 24, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi over right to education (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Court notice to government on Delhi security (Lead) - Sep 28, 2011
- Notice to Delhi government over schoolboy's injury - Nov 02, 2011
- Court declines plea on blocking of web pages - Sep 05, 2012
- Court tells DDA to give flat to man waiting for 30 years (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Tributes paid to victims of Delhi High Court blast - Sep 07, 2012
- Delhi blast: One more dies, toll rises to 15 - Sep 17, 2011
- High court declines to hear fresh plea on 2G (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, amputation, artificial limbs, bansal, blast victim, chief justice, delhi government, delhi high court, deputy commissioner, feb 29, gautam, india institute, lakh, left leg, medical treatment, petitioner, prosthetic leg, public interest petition, rajiv, sahai