AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Lead)January 9th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) An elaborate plan to leak the question paper for the post-graduate entrance test to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) was busted with the arrest of five people, including a doctor, in the capital, police said Monday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ashok Chand said the arrests were made from Delhi and Noida Sunday. Those arrested include an MBBS graduate, an MBBS student and two MBA graduates.
“The mastermind of the gang, Mohit Choudhary, a second year MBBS student, was caught red handed with photo copies of the entrance test papers Sunday in the national capital. It was a racket to leak the question papers of the post-graduate medical exam organised by AIIMS,” Chand said.
According to police, Choudhary, 23, resident of Bulandsahar (Uttar Pradesh) co-ordinated the whole racket. He was a second year MBBS student from Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh). The other gang members were Kapil Kumar, 27, MBA graduate from Jamia Milia and Krishan Pratap Singh, 27, MA in public administration from Jamia Milia and MBA from IMT Meerut.
Bhishma Singh, 27, who was operating computers in a rented accommodation in Noida, helped them in the racket, while Amit Punia, who did his MBBS from PGI Rohtak, was also part of the gang. Punia appeared in the exam along with the two MBA students posing as medical students.
“The gang was very well organised. They hired two MBA students and one MBBS graduate in the exam organised Sunday. They used high-end mobile phones Sony Xperia and Nokia Lumina to scan the question paper. Using blue tooth and earphones, the scanned copy of the papers were sent to an email id. One of the gang members Bhisham Singh, who was working in a computer operating room in Noida, provided photocopy of the papers to Choudhary,” the police official said.
As soon as Punia and the two MBA graduates received the question paper at the exam venue, they clicked a photograph of it and emailed it through blue tooth and earphone. “For this purpose they used high-end mobile phones,” added Chand.
“The gang was to collect around Rs.20 to Rs.30 lakh from each student,” the official added.
Choudhary was to get the solved answers and send them via sms to the students who had given money for the answers.
The all-India post graduate medical entrance examination was conducted by AIIMS around 10 a.m. Sunday for screening of the 50 percent post graduate seats in the government colleges across the country.
The exam was conducted at 156 centres and 70,000 candidates appeared for the exam.
“Following a tip-off, Choudhary was arrested from Pragati Maidan in Delhi around 10.30 a.m. Sunday with the photocopies of the entrance papers and six medical books. Kapil, Krishan and Punia were arrested from sector-28 in Noida from one of the exam centres. Bhisham was also arrested from Noida,” the official said.
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- High-tech mobiles used in AIIMS paper leak - Jan 09, 2012
- Two doctors arrested in AIIMS exam leak racket (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to jail till Feb 14 - Jan 31, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to police custody - Jan 10, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 17, 2012
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested - Jan 09, 2012
- AIIMS paper leak case: Another doctor arrested - Jul 17, 2012
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Two more arrested for AIIMS medical test racket - Jan 13, 2012
- Medical seat sale racket busted in Karnataka - Oct 03, 2011
- Mastermind of AIIMS paper leak not from my college, says dean - Jan 10, 2012
- CBI registers four FIRs in AIIMS exam manipulation (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Panel to probe AIIMS suicide - Mar 06, 2012
- Seven held for pre-medical test scams - Jun 06, 2011
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, bhishma, capital police, commissioner of police, graduate entrance, india institute, jamia milia, krishan, mba graduate, mba graduates, mba students, mohit, photo copies, police crime, pratap singh, question paper, question papers, rented accommodation, rohtak, test papers