AIEEE paper leak: CBSE issued noticeMay 5th, 2011 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday issued a notice to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on a petition that has sought the scrapping of the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) held May 1 after a paper leak delayed the test by three hours.
A division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna asked the CBSE, the nodal agency for conducting the exam, to respond by May 18, the next date of hearing.
The court was hearing a public interest litigation (PIL) which asked that the May 1 exam, taken by over 12 lakh students for around 26,816 engineering and architecture seats in colleges across the country, be scrapped and all students be allowed to take the rescheduled test.
On Sunday, the national-level examination was delayed by nearly three hours after the paper was leaked in Uttar Pradesh and its copies were sold for Rs.6 lakh each.
At many centres, the examination was cancelled and many students could not appear as the new timings clashed with the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) entrance examination.
Earlier, parents of some of the students approached the court and said the candidates who will appear for the rescheduled exam May 11, had an advantage over those who gave the entrance test May 1.
“The students who will appear subsequently in the exam rescheduled by CBSE for May 11 will have the advantage of studying more and preparing better for the exams,” the petition said.
The parents said that Sunday’s exam be declared null and void and fresh exam be held for all students aspiring to join the engineering tream in colleges across the country.
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Delhi High Court urged to let all reappear at AIEEE - May 05, 2011
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak - May 01, 2011
- High Court refuses to stay engineering exam results - May 18, 2011
- Inter state gang behind question paper leak: Police - May 02, 2011
- Engineering, architecture entrance test postponed - Dec 11, 2010
- 10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 30, 2012
- CBSE gears up for all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 26, 2012
- All India engineering exam results declared - May 29, 2010
- Can't deny education to students on bonafide mistakes: Court - Aug 04, 2012
- Online entrance test planned for budding engineers - Nov 22, 2010
- Online engineering entrance exam from next year - Sep 13, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Train departure delayed for Kerala students' benefit - May 02, 2011
Tags: afmc entrance, armed forces medical, armed forces medical college, board of secondary education, central board of secondary education, chief justice, delhi high court, dipak, division bench, entrance examination, india engineering, lakh, may 1, misra, nodal agency, pil, public interest litigation, rs 6, sanjiv, tream