AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead)May 1st, 2011 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) Over 12 lakh students across the country were finally able to appear for the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) Sunday, after a question paper leak delayed the exam by three hours, an official said.
The paper is conducted in two halves over the day. While the first paper is for bachelor of engineering (B.E.) aspirants, the second paper is for students wanting to pursue a bachelor of architecture (B.Arch) course.
As per the original schedule, the first paper was to begin at 9.30 a.m. and the second at 2 p.m.
The Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE), the nodal agency for conducting the exam, postponed the first part to 12.30 p.m. and the second part to 4.00 p.m.
Following the delay, the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) entrance exam, that was also scheduled for Sunday at 2.30 p.m., was shifted to 4.30 p.m.
“We have notified the centres all over the country. Students who want to appear for the AFMC exam today, can appear for the B. Arch exam later on May 8,” Vineet Joshi, chairman and central vigilance officer of CBSE, told reporters here.
The May 8 exam will be held at the same centre and the same admit card will be valid, he added.
“We have notified the centres all over the country. If they have the capacity to accommodate students, they can conduct both exams today. If not, they can choose to hold the AIEEE exam on May 8 at 9.30 a.m.,” Joshi said.
The AIEEE entrance exam was delayed after the Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force informed the CBSE about a question paper leak in the state, he said.
Over 12 lakh students across the country are appearing for around 26,816 engineering and architecture seats at different colleges under the AIEEE.
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak - May 01, 2011
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- 10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 30, 2012
- AIEEE paper leak: CBSE issued notice - May 05, 2011
- High Court refuses to stay engineering exam results - May 18, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Inter state gang behind question paper leak: Police - May 02, 2011
- Train departure delayed for Kerala students' benefit - May 02, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Second Lead, correcting spelling) - Jun 28, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- Engineering, architecture entrance test postponed - Dec 11, 2010
- All India engineering exam results declared - May 29, 2010
- CBSE gears up for all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 26, 2012
- Delhi High Court urged to let all reappear at AIEEE - May 05, 2011
- Online engineering entrance exam from next year - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: afmc entrance, afmc exam, aieee entrance exam, aieee exam, armed forces medical, armed forces medical college, bachelor of architecture, bachelor of engineering, colleges, country students, entrance examination, india engineering, m joshi, New Delhi, nodal agency, question paper, special task force, uttar pradesh, vigilance, vineet