AI unions adamant on strike if dues not paidMarch 23rd, 2012 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 23 (IANS) As the annual holiday season starts, Air India (AI) unions, including pilots and engineers, have reiterated their threat to go on strike from April 2 if their pending salaries and allowances dues are not cleared by March 31, an official said.
Representing a majority of the airline’s employees, the seven unions, in a joint action, have also sought a written assurance from the AI management that their dues would be cleared.
An AI official said that all efforts are being made to clear the dues and expressed hope that the employees would not resort to any action that would be “detrimental” to the airline during the crucial holiday season.
He said that though some of the unions have warned of a strike action, the management is hopeful an amicable solution acceptable to all would be worked out soon.
Officials of the main unions like Indian Pilots Guild, Indian Commercial Pilots Association and the Air India Cabin Crew Association declined to comment on the issue.
- Kingfisher negotiates with striking employees (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Pay cut for Air India employees in May due to strike - May 31, 2012
- Holidaymakers hit as Air India, Kingfisher flights cancelled - May 11, 2012
- Air India strike is second longest in aviation industry - Jul 01, 2012
- Government announces Air India staff integration process (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Government issued notice on striking pilots' plea on back wages (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Pilots unions fight over flying Boeing 787 Dreamliner - Nov 02, 2011
- Court restrains Air India pilots' illegal strike (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Kingfisher employees on strike, operations not affected - Apr 21, 2012
- Passengers stranded as 40 Kingfisher flights axed (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines scrip rises as strike called off - Apr 03, 2012
- AI employees suffer as strike continues for 19th day (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Pilots' stir: Chief labour commissioner to convene talks - Jun 13, 2012
- Air India to cut loss-making routes (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Air India sacks 10 pilots, derecognizes union (Lead) - May 08, 2012