Ahmedabad police looking for man who spotted two boys’ bodiesJuly 10th, 2008 - 12:36 am ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, July 9 (IANS) Probing the deaths of two students of a school associated with the Asharam Bapu Ashram here in the weekend, the police were looking for the person who first spotted the bodies but has been “missing” since. A police team was leaving for Orissa to trace Sunil Banerjee, Sabarmati police station inspector K.B.Jhala told IANS Wednesday.
Ashram authorities called the police only after Banerjee reported the finding of the two bodies behind the Ashram Gurukul school.
Jhala denied Banerjee was a resident of the ashram. “He just came for a short visit and left in due course,” he said.
When contacted, an ashram official said there was nothing unusual in Banerjee leaving the ashram but he could not say where he could have gone.
Banerjee might hold the key to the mystery of the strange deaths of the two cousins, Dipesh Vaghela, 10, and Abhishek Vaghela, 11, whose decomposed and disfigured bodies were found behind the Asharam Gurukul near the Motera Stadium on the outskirts of the city.
The boys were missing from the Gurukul since Thursday night.
Jhala said the police were awaiting the report of the Forensic Science Laboratory. An FSL team had Tuesday searched the dried riverbed, from where the bodies were recovered, for evidence.
“We suspect a foul play. How come they (the boys) could go out in the night despite strict security in the ashram? Our children had no bad habits,” Dipesh’s father Praful Vaghela has said.
“Police told us they found Rs.1,100 in their pockets. Where did the money come from? We never gave them the money. The claims of Gurukul authorities are patently false,” he said.
- Ahmedabad boys' deaths due to drowning: autopsy - Jul 07, 2008
- Missing boys from Ahmedabad school found dead - Jul 07, 2008
- CID raids Asaram Bapus ashram in Ahmedabad - Jul 25, 2008
- Court rap for Asaram Ashram - Aug 26, 2008
- Case against seven Asaram Bapu workers over deaths - Nov 10, 2009
- Asharam Bapu forced to run as public anger spills over - Jul 18, 2008
- Gujarat government gets court notice on Asaram school deaths - May 02, 2009
- Asaram ashram encroachment demolished in Gujarat - Nov 27, 2010
- Court orders police to file case against Asaram ashram (Lead) - Aug 26, 2008
- Asaram school death report handed to court - Apr 07, 2010
- Police suspect deaths in Asaram's school an insider job - Aug 03, 2008
- Contrasting styles mark Modi, Vaghela fasts - Sep 18, 2011
- Another student found dead in Asaram Bapu's school - Aug 01, 2008
- Asaram Bapu asked to appear before panel on ashram deaths - May 09, 2011
- Boy accused of murder in Asaram Bapu school sent to remand home - Aug 05, 2008