Ahmedabad BPO firm to organise charity walkFebruary 12th, 2009 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Feb 12 (IANS) Motif Inc., an Ahmedabad-based BPO service provider, will Sunday organise its seventh annual Charity Walk to generate funds that will be donated to select voluntary organisations.
The Motif Charity Walk 2009, a five-km walk/eight-km run event, has a registration fee of Rs.100 and the company will make a matching contribution for every registered participant, with the total funds going to NGOs, said Motif director (business development) Shailly Kapoor here Thursday.
Beneficiary NGOs this year are: Karuna Kare Foundation that provides support to cancer patients, Sanjivani Health and Relief Committee which provides medical aid to villages lacking basic medical amenities, Akshaya Patra Foundation supporting mid-day meals to 75,000 children in 282 government schools and the Gujarat Cleft and Craniofacial Research Institute which helps in free treatment to poor children for facial reconstruction surgery.
Over the last six years, the event has raised over Rs.5.4 million for nine NGOs, Kapoor said.
- Indian BPO firm opens delivery centre in Philippines - Dec 17, 2008
- Kraft Foods to provide cooked food to 10,000 children - Oct 04, 2010
- British doctors to treat Pakistan's cleft-lip children - Oct 21, 2011
- Fellowship for scribes writing on hunger - May 09, 2012
- World 10K run raises Rs.1.63 crore for charity - May 21, 2012
- British envoy's wife to retrace Dandi march to help poor - Nov 15, 2010
- Mechanism behind cleft palate development found - Sep 15, 2010
- Moore, Kutcher create necklaces for charity - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonam's supports fashion for a cause - Mar 13, 2012
- Salim-Sulaiman to perform at FIFA World Cup - May 24, 2010
- Activists slam EU-India Free Trade Agreement - Feb 10, 2012
- Gul Panag to launch 12-city marathon - Dec 23, 2011
- Cancer awareness rally held in Kolkata - Nov 07, 2011
- Jan 19 deadline for STARS Foundation 2010 Impact Awards - Jan 13, 2010
- Soy snacks for malnourished Indian kids - Oct 20, 2010