Ahmedabad blasts suspect held in Madhya PradeshNovember 10th, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Nov 10 (IANS) An alleged member of the Indian Mujahideen and a suspect in the series of bomb blasts that rocked Ahmedabad in July has been arrested from Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain city, police said Monday. “Qayimuddin alias Musa alias Rizwan was nabbed Sunday night on a tip-off while he was planning to leave the town. He was waiting for his accomplices at the Ujjain-Badnagar road,” Deputy Inspector General (ATS) Pawan Shrivastav told IANS.
Qayimuddin has been remanded to police custody for 15 days, he said.
Hailing from Vadodara, Qayimuddin is one of the key conspirators of the July 26 serial bombings in Ahmedabad that claimed over 50 lives, the police alleged. He had been absconding since then.
Qayimuddin, who is an expert in using explosives, was said to have been instrumental in purchasing the cycles on which the bombs were placed and also planting explosives in different parts of Surat.
After the arrest of Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) leader Safdar Nagori in March, the Madhya Pradesh police had gone to Vadodara in search of Qayimuddin but he managed to escape.
According to the police, he was present at several SIMI training camps in Wagamon in Kerala and Halol near Vadodara.
- Ahmedabad blast key accused handed over to Gujarat ATS - Dec 04, 2008
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012
- SIMI activist nabbed in Gujarat - Jul 27, 2010
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Nagori's police custody in Ahmedabad bombings extended - Sep 03, 2008
- NIA chargesheets 30 SIMI activists in Kerala - Jan 13, 2011
- Fresh hunt on for Mumbai-based SIMI activist - Aug 21, 2008
- Four SIMI activists taken to Ahmedabad court - Aug 23, 2008
- A year on, 37 accused in Ahmedabad blasts still absconding - Jul 26, 2009
- Bashir admits involvement in Ahmedabad blasts - Aug 19, 2008
- SIMI activists produced in court over Ahmedabad blasts - Aug 23, 2008
- Many links between Ahmedabad, Pune blasts - Feb 17, 2010
- Nagori sent to to nine-day police remand - Aug 25, 2008
- Gujarat police team in Madhya Pradesh for custody of SIMI activists - Aug 22, 2008
- Jharkhand police nab top Maoist leader from Chaibasa - Oct 10, 2010