Ahhishek hails Idea’s ‘education-for-all’ campaignJune 30th, 2008 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 30 (IANS) Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan, who is the brand ambassador of Idea cellular, appreciates the socially conscious messages that the company sends across through its new ad campaign. “Idea’s new campaign addresses a relevant social issue - education for all. The spread of education among girl children is a must in today’s times. I am pleased to be playing a part in this campaign,” said Abhishek.
He added that the Idea campaign in the past had effectively touched upon the caste issue.
Developed by Lowe Lintas, the advertisement campaign sees Abhishek as the head of an educational institution. When challenged by the traditional, physically bound classroom methodology that prevents spread of education, he uses mobile telephony to overcome the barrier.
“By integrating a social message into the new campaign, we are not only reinforcing the difference that can be made through the use of modern technology, but also the power of a new idea,” said R. Balakrishnan, chairman and creative officer, Lowe Lintas.
Idea Cellular is a part of the $28 billion Aditya Birla Group and has a customer base of over 26 million in India.
- Will find way out of Supreme Court verdict: Birla - Feb 14, 2012
- Deepika to endorse pen brand (With Image) - Jun 01, 2012
- Idea launches 3G services in Kashmir - Oct 19, 2011
- Abhishek top Bollywood brand endorser - Apr 11, 2011
- B'wood zooms its lens on teacher-student bonding - Sep 03, 2011
- Amitabh to endorse eco-friendly cleaning product (With Images) - Jun 18, 2012
- Aditya Birla Nuvo to buy controlling stake in Pantaloon - Apr 30, 2012
- Aditya Birla Nuvo to buy controlling stake in Pantaloon (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 30, 2012
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- Final decision on 3G roaming after meeting operators: DoT - Nov 28, 2011
- Return 3G license fees if roaming pact illegal: Telecom biggies - Nov 22, 2011
- Reliance Communication says equity in Swan was within limits (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2011
- Telecom honchos meet key ministers against TRAI's proposals (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Gul Panag may bring U2 to India - Jun 16, 2011
- GSM phone subscribers grow 3.25 percent in December - Jan 19, 2011