‘Agyaat’ inspired by many international thrillers: Ram Gopal VarmaNovember 30th, 2008 - 9:18 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 30 (IANS) Ram Gopal Varma is set to make yet another thriller titled “Agyaat” and the filmmaker says he has taken inspiration from acclaimed international thrillers like Ridley Scott’s “Alien”, John Carpenter’s “The Thing” and Daniel Myrick’s “Blair Witch Project”.”I have always been an incredible fan of the thriller genre where there is an unknown or a known element which is out to kill at random a group of people trapped in a certain situation,” Varma has said in a post on his blog.
According to the filmmaker, thrillers are a popular genre abroad, but no film in the same genre has been seriously attempted with Indian actors and with a story designed for Indian audiences.
“My movie’s intention would be to explore that and also would be about the emotional complexities that extreme fear would unleash,” he said.
Shooting for “Agyaat” is expected to begin next month and is likely to be ready for release by June next year.
The movie’s plot would revolve around a film unit on a shoot in a remote region, and how the members gets killed one by one under mysterious circumstances.
“The film will be very near to a reality show in a certain sense as in putting a set of people in a certain situation and to see what happens to them,” said Varma, whose last offering was horror flick “Phoonk”.
“Agyaat” would have an assorted list of characters ranging from a self-obsessed star, a heroine, director, producer, a frustrated action director and a subservient spot boy, apart from others.
These parts will be played by unknown or little known actors based on the complete suitability of the way the characters are written in the script, Varma said.
The director said that the most exciting and challenging part of making such a film would be to capture how the attitudes, personalities and inter-relationships of the protagonists change rapidly in the face of the impending danger.
The filmmaker is apparently going to use a lot of special effects for this project.
- Varma to make sequel to 'Agyaat' - Aug 14, 2009
- 'Department' will be RGV's most stylish film: Rana Daggubati - Feb 29, 2012
- RGV excited about 'Bhoot' sequel 'BHHOOoo' - Jun 14, 2011
- Jungle makes 'Agyaat' different from Bhoot or Phoonk- Ramu - Aug 05, 2009
- 'Phoonk 2' will scare people in a big way: Director - Jan 10, 2010
- I'm an attention seeker: Ram Gopal Varma (Interview) - Aug 07, 2009
- 'Agyaat' - Varma's desi version of Hollywood thrillers (IANS Preview) - Aug 03, 2009
- 'Agyaat' smoking scene cut for TV: Ram Gopal Varma - Jul 26, 2009
- Varma's next thriller shot in 'sexy' Sri Lankan jungle - Feb 22, 2009
- Movie Review: Agyaat (2009) - Aug 07, 2009
- Bollywood spine chillers fail to scare (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 26, 2010
- TV actor Manish Paul turns con man for debut movie - Jul 20, 2012
- RGV challenges public to watch his horror film alone in theatre - Feb 23, 2010
- Best performance in 'Phoonk 2'? From the crow (IANS Movie Review - Rating: **) - Apr 16, 2010
- Story can fail, innovative technique can never fail: RGV - May 16, 2012