Agra varsity’s private candidates’ exams cancelledMay 31st, 2011 - 1:06 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, May 31 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government, citing irregularities, has cancelled the private candidates’ examinations being conducted by the Agra University, sources said Tuesday.
More than a lakh students, whose exams were to end June 18, have been affected.
Principal Secretary for Higher Education B.K. Gupta, who conducted an investigation into the examiantion conduct on May 20 and 21, submitted his report to the government a few days ago.
“The whole system was running Ram Bharose,” the investigating officials have said in their report.
The report has recommended action against the Delhi-based agency Leela Jay Technology, responsible for the sale of examination forms and issuance of hall tickets.
The state government has ordered a special audit of the whole process of tendering and expenses incurred in conducting the private candidates’ examinations.
“The university is stunned and no one is around to clarify what is going on here,” commented a student leader.
University sources on Tuesday said besides transferring the finance officer, the state government has also suspended several top officials, including a former registrar and two deputy registrars of the varsity.
More than Rs.25 crore collected from the students through sale of forms will go waste, according to rough estimates.
University officials could not give any specific dates regarding the rescheduling of the exams.
Charges of unfair practices and wholesome irregularities have been periodically made by affected students. This is the fourth postponement of examinations for private candidates.
- One teacher per student, still they failed! - May 27, 2011
- Aligarh university closed after violence - Apr 30, 2011
- B.Ed exam cancelled due to paper leak - May 05, 2010
- Apex court notice to Chhattisgarh on judges' appointment (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- All-India strike delays Orissa university exams - Jul 03, 2010
- CBI finds fraud in Jharkhand state service exams - Jul 06, 2012
- Scam in Rajasthan pre-medical test for third time - Jul 26, 2011
- 'Personal reasons may have driven Dana to suicide' (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- AIEEE paper leak: CBSE issued notice - May 05, 2011
- Delhi University begins sale of admission forms - Jun 04, 2012
- Shiv Sena demands suspension of Mumbai University VC - Mar 30, 2012
- Engineering, architecture entrance test postponed - Dec 11, 2010
- Hundreds of GCSE A level Papers upgraded - Jul 11, 2012
- Jamia Millia to conduct UGC-NET exam in Delhi - Jun 23, 2010
- DUTA to go ahead with protests Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: agra university, crore, deputy registrars, finance officer, higher education, irregularities, issuance, k gupta, postponement, principal secretary, private candidates, rescheduling, rough estimates, state government, student leader, unfair practices, university officials, university sources, uttar pradesh government, varsity