Agra road accident claims two livesApril 27th, 2012 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, April 27 (IANS) Two people were killed on-the-spot and half a dozen others critically injured when their tractor-trolley was hit by a speeding truck-trailer in the wee hours of Friday on the Agra-Gwalior road, police said.
Police said Rakesh and Shankar died on-the-spot when the trolley turned turtle after being hit by the 16-wheeled truck-trailer — locally called as “Trolla”.
The condition of some of the injured was described as critical.
The tractor-trolley was overloaded with more than 50 people who had gone for an engagement ceremony. They were returning home late Thursday night after a feast.
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- Four killed as oil tanker hits tractor-trolley - Oct 06, 2011
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Six killed as train rams into vehicle - Mar 09, 2010
- Nine killed as train rams into tractor-tolley (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana - Aug 28, 2010
- Eight killed in Maharashtra accident - May 28, 2011
- 7 killed, 20 injured in Assam road mishaps - Apr 16, 2012
- 4 killed in train-tractor collision - Nov 20, 2009
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 14, 2011
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Six kanwarias killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 06, 2010