Agra-Lucknow Expressway to be eco-friendlyApril 4th, 2012 - 2:57 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, April 4 (IANS) A new eight-lane Expressway will connect Uttar Pradesh’s state capital Lucknow with Agra, and it will be eco-friendly.
The government has begun work on the exercise, according to Industrial Development Commissioner Anil Kumar Gupta.
The Expressway will connect Jaypee group’s Yamuna Expressway in Agra near Kuberpur.
Gupta said Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had instructed that the Expressway should have huge water bodies and community ponds on both sides with lots of green cover, instead of concrete jungles.
The water bodies will help recharge ground water and help conservation of scarce water resources during rainy season.
The Yamuna Expressway has proved an ecological disaster as huge chunks of agricultural land have disappeared and thousands of trees felled.
Akhilesh Yadav has stressed that the land to be acquired for the Expressway should be non-agricultural land and full compensation at market rates should be paid to the farmers.
The Lucknow-Agra Expressway will make travelling faster and comfortable. The distance from Lucknow to Greater Noida could be covered in five hours, officials said.
- Farmers protest as Yamuna Expressway opens - Aug 09, 2012
- Akhilesh government takes ahead Agra-Lucknow Expressway project - May 18, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway opens, cutting Delhi-Agra run to 150 minutes - Aug 09, 2012
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Akhilesh moots extension of Yamuna Expressway to Lucknow - Aug 13, 2012
- Free ride on Yamuna Expressway till Aug 15 - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Akhilesh moots extension of Yamuna Expressway to Lucknow (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway awaits Akhilesh nod (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Angry farmers take on police at Expressway - Sep 13, 2012
- Officially not open, Yamuna Expressway already a hit (With Images) - Jun 04, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- UP to withdraw cases slapped against farmers - Aug 22, 2012
- Agra incident-free, farmers continue stir (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Bureaucracy holding up Agra's air connectivity? - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: agricultural land, akhilesh yadav, anil kumar, april 4, chief minister, chunks, concrete jungles, development commissioner, ecological disaster, farmers, greater noida, ground water, gupta, jaypee group, lane expressway, ponds, rainy season, scarce water resources, water bodies, yamuna