Agra IT commissioner arrested for graftSeptember 27th, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 27 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested income tax commissioner Homi Rajvansh for corruption during his tenure in National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED) in 2005, an agency official said Tuesday.
Rajvansh, who was on deputation as additional managing director for NAFED in Kolkata, was arrested here Monday for issuing loans to private parties without any securities.
Four businessmen, who who allegedly connived with Rajvansh in the cheating, were also arrested.
“Rajvansh, an Indian Revenue Service officer of the 1985 batch, allegedly connived with private parties and issued loans without seeking any collateral,” the official said.
The CBI team also raided Rajvansh’s office in the Agra Income Tax Office besides the official guest house in Agra, where he used to reside during his Agra stay.
The arrested businessmen were identified as Lalit Mohan, proprietor of Roshal Lal Lalit Mohan, Vinod Gupta, joint managing director of Zenith Mining Pvt Ltd, S.K. Jain, chief managing director of Reliance Polycrete Ltd and Daulat Singh Chauhan, chief executive officer of ITM Impex Pvt Ltd.
While Mohan allegedly cheated NAFED to the tune of Rs.59 crore, Gupta’s cheated the institution of Rs.90 crore. Jain and Chauhan allegedly cheated it for an amount of Rs.18.33 crore.
- Delhi court asks CAG to probe NAFED accounts - Mar 16, 2011
- Court imposes Rs.5 crore penalty for cheating - Jun 05, 2012
- Top Hero Group official held in Citibank fraud (Second Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Hero Group official held in Rs.300 crore Citibank fraud (Third Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Rs.4.64 billion MSTC fraud-CBI nabs three - May 02, 2012
- CWG scam: Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- 2G case: Shahid Balwa gets bail, Chandolia's plea pending (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- Two more executives may be involved in Citibank fraud: Hero - Jan 05, 2011
- Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected - Jul 05, 2011
- Police file case over Goa land allotment - Aug 18, 2012
- One held for duping 200 people in Delhi - May 20, 2011
- Hyderabad builder arrested for cheating DLF - Jun 23, 2012
- Hero Group official held in Rs.300 crore Citibank fraud (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- CBI raids premises of CWG officials (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Hero official's police custody extended - Jan 08, 2011