Agra gets to enjoy the sunJanuary 12th, 2012 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Jan 12 (IANS) After days of cold and murky weather, with mercury plunging to 1.2 degrees Celsius Wednesday, there was some respite for this Taj Mahal town Thursday.
The minimum temperature rose to 3.4 degrees and the fog dissipated early in the day.
“It is a bright and sunny day and luckily there are no chilly winds,” beamed vegetable vendor Surendra Singh.
Tourists at the Taj and other monuments appeared relaxed and enjoyed the weather. Schools in Agra are shut till Jan 15.
- Sunny morning brings relief to Agra - Jan 23, 2012
- A bright sun warms, but freeze continues in north India (Roundup) - Jan 23, 2012
- Agra schools close for two days as mercury dips - Jan 03, 2011
- Taj tourists shiver as chilly winds return - Jan 16, 2011
- Cold keeps grip on north India, fog affects 51 trains (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Nippy Thursday across north India (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2012
- Agra shivers at 0.6 degrees - Jan 09, 2011
- Bright sunshine in Chandigarh, but mercury dips - Jan 16, 2011
- Chills spreads, but it's snowless Christmas in north India (Roundup) - Dec 24, 2011
- Warmer day in the plains, winter woes elsewhere (Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2011
- North India shivers, fog hits rail traffic (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- Warmer day in the plains, winter woes elsewhere (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2011
- Agra warms up with tourists, festival cheer - Jan 14, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh shivers as mercury plummets - Dec 19, 2011
- Chandigarh welcomes bright sun, chill remains - Jan 11, 2011