Agitators block rail and road traffic in HaryanaMarch 19th, 2009 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Rohtak (Haryana), March 19 (IANS) Charging the police with harassing the people, agitators in this Haryana town Thursday blocked rail and road traffic for over four hours.
Protesters blocked National Highway No. 10 (New Delhi to Hisar) and railway lines in village Ismaila of Rohtak town, around 70 km from the national capital.
Hundreds of passengers in Firozpur-Mumbai Express and Rohtak-Delhi-Khurja train were stranded for hours due to the blockade of the tracks.
However, officials said the issue has been sorted out now.
“The situation has come under control and both the rail and road traffic have become normal. All the issues have been resolved,” Rohtak Deputy Commissioner P.C. Mehra told IANS Thursday evening.
- Jats finally call off agitation, remove blockade - Mar 12, 2012
- Army called as Jat agitators torch police station (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Rioting, blockade over power cuts in Hooda's district - Sep 02, 2012
- Chaos rules as Jats block Haryana roads, rail tracks (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Haryana releases Jat leaders, stir yet to end - Mar 11, 2012
- Mirchpur caste violence: Protests spread to more areas (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Agitating farmers lift Haryana highway blockade - Mar 02, 2012
- Life affected as Jats continue blockades in Haryana (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Breather for government in apex court this week - Feb 20, 2011
- Mirchpur violence: Jats demand SIT probe; blockade disrupts traffic (Lead) - Jan 23, 2011
- Mirchpur incident: Jats call off protest (Lead) - Jan 26, 2011
- With agitation over, Jind district returns to normalcy - Jan 27, 2011
- States responsible for checking highway blockades, SC told (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Mirchpur incident: Jats to call off protest - Jan 26, 2011
- Haryana Police advises slow driving during fog - Dec 28, 2010