Agitating dental students assaulted by police in GhaziabadMarch 12th, 2008 - 12:14 am ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, March 11 (IANS) Students of a Ghaziabad dental college have alleged that the police beat them when they were holding a peaceful protest against the college authorities and molested some of the girl students among them. The students of the ITS Dental and Paramedical College at Murad Nagar were on a sit-in Monday evening at the college gate to protest against what they called high fees charged by the institute, among other things.
They alleged that the Uttar Pradesh police kicked the girls and hit the boys on the head with batons.
Five students of Bachelor of Dental Surgery were injured and admitted to the MMG District Hospital here, they said.
The student leaders claim some of the police personnel were drunk and they misbehaved with the girl students.
Inspector General of Police V.K. Gupta said: “We are enquiring into the matter and will initiate stern action against police men found guilty.”
The students said the college management was charging exorbitant fees from them. They also alleged college authorities’ collusion with the police and district officials.
Assistant district magistrate Sunil Srivastava said the administration would conduct an inquiry.
- Students beat up policemen in Ghaziabad - Sep 10, 2012
- Andhra students intensify stir over cap on fee reimbursement - Aug 09, 2012
- Dental student attempts suicide in Ghaziabad - Dec 16, 2009
- Ghaziabad residents protest police apathy in rape case - Apr 19, 2012
- Principal suspended for punishing girls - Mar 01, 2012
- Forced to tonsure heads for fee delay, allege Dalit students (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- Woman accuses Bengal cop of misbehaving with her - May 17, 2012
- Dental student jumps to death - Oct 07, 2011
- Police post set afire in Ghaziabad (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Rajasthan student commits suicide after harassment - Apr 20, 2012
- Violence in Bhopal demolition drive, dozens injured (Second Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Ghaziabad traders protest police inaction, shut shops - Aug 11, 2012
- Seniors shoot at junior for protesting ragging - Aug 30, 2011
- Two accused sent to jail in medical admission racket - Jul 21, 2012
- Andhra college employee murders girl student - May 07, 2011