After medallists, Haryana to reward CWG participants as wellOctober 21st, 2010 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 21 (IANS) The Haryana government Thursday announced a cash reward of Rs.2 lakh to every sportsperson from the state who participated in the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
“The state’s athletes who have not won medals will be given Rs.2 lakh each,” Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda announced here Thursday.
The Hooda government has already announced cash rewards of Rs.15 lakh, Rs.10 lakh and Rs.5 lakh respectively to gold, silver and bronze medallists from the state.
Hooda said that 54 sportspersons from the state had participated in the Games, bagging 32 medals - 17 gold, seven silver and eight bronze.
The Indian contingent had won a total of 101 medals, its best-ever performance.
The state’s medallists will also receive Maruti Suzuki cars.
Each gold medallist will receive a SX-4 car (priced at over Rs.8 lakh), while silver and bronze medallists will get Dzire (Rs.6 lakh) and WagonR (Rs.3.5 lakh) cars each.
Additionally, shuttler Saina Nehwal and wrestler Sushil Kumar, who have a close connection with the state, too will receive SX-4 cars.
Hooda said that a function would be organised Nov 1 at Sonepat on the occasion of Haryana Day to honour the players.
- Function for CWG medal winners: Haryana draws flak - Oct 30, 2010
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Haryana CWG medal winners to get cars too! - Oct 16, 2010
- Olympic winners get rewards, cars - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana's Olympians to get Rs.11 lakh reward - Jun 01, 2012
- Haryana doubles cash rewards for Rio - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana's 'Chak de' function Nov 1 to honour CWG winners - Oct 24, 2010
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- Punjab pacifies CWG medallists with prize money hike - Nov 04, 2010
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Haryana gears up to honour CWG athletes Monday - Oct 31, 2010
- Haryana's CWG medallists take home rewards, cars and more - Nov 01, 2010
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010
- Haryana announces cash awards for Olympic medallist - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: bronze medallists, cash reward, cash rewards, chief minister, close connection, commonwealth games, contingent, gold medallist, haryana government, hooda, lakh, maruti suzuki cars, medals, nov 1, rs 2, rs 8, sonepat, sportsperson, sushil kumar, wagonr