After intelligence officer, Sanjay Dutt to play ganglordNovember 26th, 2008 - 8:55 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 26 (IANS) After playing a military intelligence officer in Rahul Dholakia’s “Lamhaa”, Sanjay Dutt is all set to play a ganglord again in “Gangs Of London”.Sanjay plays the leader of the Khalsa gang in a London neighbourhood that protects the Asian community from drug abuse and prostitution. And if Shabina Khan has styled Sanjay’s salt-and-pepper beard look in “Lamhaa”, it’s Arjun Khanna providing him with an all-leather, chains-and-boots look for “Gangs Of London”.
Apparently Sanjay, who is rapidly losing weight, is still to lose the paunch. But by the time “Gangs Of London” starts shooting in July next year, he is expected to get rid of all the flab.
“My brother Jassi, who studied filmmaking in New York, is directing ‘Gangs Of London’ now. Jassi has been researching the various ethnic gangs of London and their looks. And he has come up with this incredible look for Sanjay,” producer Bunty Walia told IANS.
Added Jassi: “The look we’ve designed for Sanju in ‘Gangs Of London’ has never been tried before.”
There’s just one problem with sporting a specific look for a film - Sanjay can’t shoot for any other film. For instance, two songs of Ajay Chandok’s movie “Chatur Singh Two Star” are pending until the actor finishes shooting “Lamhaa” with his film-specific new look.
And now it would be the Khalsa look that would keep Sanjay bound to one project.
“It’s not so much a Catch 22 situation for Sanju as it is a Catch-Sanjay situation for me. By giving him a specific look, I’m making sure I can hold on to his attention and dates at one stretch with no distractions,” said the director.
Originally, ad filmmaker Shamim Desai was to direct “Gangs of London”, but he has been replaced by Jassi.
Bobby Deol is expected to play Sanjay’s brother in the film. Also starring in the project are Suniel Shetty, Shaad Randhawa, Dino Morea and Tusshar Kapoor. All of them play members of Sanjay’s gang.
Sanjay has earlier played a gangster in films like “Vaastav”, “Khalnayak” and the “Munnabhai” series.
- 'Chatursingh Two Star' to release Aug 19 - Jul 01, 2011
- Lack of strong script delaying third 'Munna Bhai': Hirani - Apr 02, 2012
- Film industry has become a dirty game now: Sanjay Dutt (Interview) - Jul 27, 2011
- 'Lamhaa' happened after I spoke to Kashmiri students: Dholakia - Jun 28, 2010
- Designer Shabina Khan turns producer with 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 03, 2012
- When Emraan went incognito on 'Shanghai' set - Apr 23, 2012
- SRK wishes Riteish for production innings (Movie Snippets) - Sep 14, 2012
- Dutt to play DJ in Kal Kissne Dekha - Mar 20, 2009
- Sanjay promises fun as clumsy cop with 'Chatur Singh...' (IANS Preview) - Aug 17, 2011
- When Shah Rukh played a racing driver (Movie Snippets) - May 11, 2012
- Bollywood Gets Three Unconventional Releases This Friday - Jul 15, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt On A Roll - Jun 07, 2010
- Apoorva Lakhia Makes His Acting Debut As A Modern-Day Mogambo - Aug 17, 2010
- No more glamour fluff for Bipasha Basu - Aug 05, 2010
- When Salman's wish became Sanjay, Ajay's command! - Feb 21, 2011