After bikinis and minis, Priyanka goes de-glam for ‘Kaminay’March 1st, 2009 - 9:24 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 1 (IANS) She donned trendy mini skirts and a bikini in “Dostana” and was an absolute stunner on the ramp in “Fashion”, but Priyanka Chopra is going the de-glam way for Vishal Bharadwaj’s “Kaminay”.
“In terms of look, it’s definitely not glamorous. In fact, you don’t really see me wearing too much make up in the film,” Priyanka told IANS.
“Kaminay” will be her first release of 2009 as a leading lady after a hectic 2008, which saw her featuring in six back-to-back releases - “Love Story 2050″, “God Tussi Great Ho”, “Chamku”, “Drona”, “Fashion” and “Dostana”.
What makes “Kaminay” special is that she has got to work with Bharadwaj, a master story teller known for giving his leading ladies a very ‘real’ lived-in look.
Speaking about her character in the film, Priyanka says: “Sweety is a very real character. She is a college-going girl in her early 20s and we have tried to keep her extremely believable.”
“We tried to ensure that the look fits the characterisation,” she adds.
Since she was seen in a glam avatar in both “Fashion” and “Dostana”, did she have any apprehensions about donning an entirely distinct look in “Kaminay”?
“Not at all. It was a conscious decision. I have always striven to do different things in each and every film of mine, be it with the character or the look. That’s visible in films like ‘Don’, ‘Love Story 2050′, ‘Fashion’ and ‘Dostana’.
“In continuation of that, ‘Kaminay’ and ‘What’s Your Rashee’ (by Ashutosh Gowariker) will see me essaying different characters, far removed from what I have ever played. I am very excited about both!”
Priyanka stars opposite Shahid Kapur in “Kaminay” and the actor too is said to have a distinct look. Shahid, known for his chocolate boy image, plays a double role, and one of the characters played by him not just stammers but also keeps an unkempt look.
But audiences will have to wait to see their makeovers until June 5, when “Kaminay” is set to release.
- When Bollywood actors went de-glam and geeky (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 22, 2010
- Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Priyanka's old world charm in Kunal Kohli's next (With Images) - May 27, 2011
- Success more dangerous than failure: Shahid Kapoor (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- I've worked very hard on my body: Priyanka Chopra (Interview) - Nov 07, 2008
- Eminent Scriptwriter, Matthew Robbins, Asserts That Susanna Of ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ Is An ... - Jan 28, 2011
- Priyanka urges people to watch cousin's 'Ishaqzaade' - Apr 08, 2012
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Priyanka Chopra off to Phuket for 28th birthday - Jul 17, 2010
- I wear 137 costumes in 'Fashion': Priyanka Chopra (Interview) - Oct 29, 2008
- Priyanka plays happy actress in Kunal Kohli's film - Dec 31, 2011
- Priyanka hungry for more meaty roles - Apr 11, 2012
- Priyanka Determined Not To Cut Her Hair Short - Aug 11, 2010
- Priyanka in awe of Aradhana in 'Teri Meri Kahaani' (With Images) - May 11, 2012