After Baghpat, criminals fire at traders in Mahoba, no caualitiesDecember 12th, 2008 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 12 (IANS) After the traders of Baghpat, it was the turn of their counterparts in Mahoba district to face the bullets of criminals, who were unable to extort money from them due to the strictness of the police, officials said Friday. However, no casualties or injuries were reported in the incident and the police were also able to nab one of the assailants.
The firing incident took place late Thursday evening in the Panwari market of the town, 227 km from Lucknow, when the traders were closing their shops. According to witnessess, the criminals were on three motorcycles and were firing indiscriminately with semi-automatic and home-made illicit weapons.
“The criminals also opened fire at the police team that reached the spot after hearing gunshots. We were successful in nabing one of the assailants, later identified as Rampal, and during interrogation he told us the name of his other five associates,” Mahoba police chief R.P. Singh told IANS by phone.
Three traders were killed and five others were critically injured Wednesday when armed men opened fire in a market in Baghpat district, over 500 km from Lucknow. Following the incident, 11 policemen, including the district police chief and the circle officer, were suspended Thursday.
- Criminal shoots at cop in UP - Aug 15, 2012
- Baghpat firing toll rises to three, 11 policemen suspended (Lead) - Dec 12, 2008
- 70-year-old Dalit woman raped in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 09, 2008
- Baghpat firing toll rises to three - Dec 11, 2008
- Dacoits kill five of family in UP - Aug 10, 2012
- Two Uttar Pradesh cops shot, weapons looted - Oct 13, 2011
- Cop shot dead by criminals - Jul 06, 2011
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Three shot dead on Uttar Pradesh highway - Jul 03, 2012
- Policeman, home guard fired upon, weapons looted - Oct 15, 2011
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- BJP legislator's son shot dead in UP - May 08, 2012
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Gangster carrying Rs.1 lakh reward killed - Oct 28, 2011