After 96 hours, child’s body recovered from Agra borewellOctober 13th, 2008 - 1:11 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Oct 13 (IANS) The body of two-year-old Sonu, who fell into an open borewell in Uttar Pradesh’s Agra district four days ago, was recovered Monday, officials said.”Sonu’s dead body has been recovered from the deep borewell,” Senior Superintendent of Police Raghuvir Lal told IANS.
The boy had fallen into the narrow 70-ft deep pit in Leharkapura village near Agra at 10 a.m. Thursday.
An army rescue team dug a horizontal tunnel to reach out to him and rescue him, but Sonu could not survive the ordeal.
- After 96 hours, child's body recovered from Agra (Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Two-year-old toddler falls into borewell in Andhra - Jan 18, 2010
- After 96 hours, two-year-old's body recovered from borewell (Second Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Efforts fail to rescue toddler from Andhra borewell (Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Toddler dies after falling into borewell - May 20, 2011
- 30 hours on, life slips away for toddler trapped in borewell (Lead) - Oct 10, 2008
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Little boy falls into well near Agra - Oct 09, 2008
- Hopes dim for child trapped in borewell, mother alleges lax rescue work (Second Lead) - Oct 10, 2008
- Court asks states to cap discarded borewells - Nov 27, 2009
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Rescue efforts on to rescue child from borewell near Agra (Lead) - Oct 09, 2008
- Child in borewell: rescue work on even after 80 hours - Oct 12, 2008