After 35-year litigation, couple separates amicablyMarch 10th, 2011 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 10 (IANS) An estranged couple involved for 35 years in litigation has decide to part, amicably, after the Delhi High court’s intervention Thursday. The husband agreed to pay Rs.16 lakh to his wife as final settlement.
Justice G.S. said: “Counsel for both the parties submit that parties have arrived at a amicable settlement. Therefore, the petitioner will have to pay Rs.16 lakh to his wife in full and final settlement of all claims and dues.”
“Amount to be paid after he gets his retirement money,” said the court, adding that he can pay the amount in two motion.
“First he will pay Rs.10 lakh and secondly Rs.six lakh,” the court said.
Chander Pal Singh Yadav married Amrita (name changed) May 21, 1972 in Delhi. Their daughter was born in July 1973.
But soon after, there was marital discord between the two and they approached a court for divorce in 1976.
Divorce petitions were filed by the two on 10 different occasions.
Yadav stopped living with his wife (Amrita) and shifted to his parents’ house. Amrita also started living separately in a rented accommodation, for which her parents paid the rent.
“There was hardly any day when I was not subjected to cruelty,” Amrita said in her police complaint in 1987.
In 1995, Amrita demanded maintenance from her husband.
The high court’s order was given while the court was hearing Yadav’s divorce petition.
- Actor Raghuvir Yadav released from jail - Jun 07, 2010
- Can't ignore kin's evidence in matrimonial dispute: SC - Jul 05, 2012
- Share retirement funds with estranged wife, court tells man - Oct 29, 2011
- Court sets aside divorce granted to man - Apr 11, 2011
- Suvari opts of out-of-court divorce settlement - May 20, 2012
- Self-employed men hide income in alimony cases: Court - Jun 14, 2012
- Maintenance can't be denied to adulterous ex-wife: Court - Nov 20, 2011
- Court asks TV serial director to pay alimony to wife (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Court tells police to trace, reunite minor boy with mother (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Woman gets Rs.6.7 mn as maintenance - Dec 24, 2009
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Tax evation hits infrastructure development, says court - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman accused of affair with godman granted divorce - Jul 09, 2011
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- A judge couple gets divorced - Apr 02, 2012
Tags: 35 years, amicable settlement, delhi high court, divorce petition, divorce petitions, lakh, litigation, marital discord, New Delhi, occasions, parents, petitioner, police complaint, rented accommodation, retirement money, yadav