(After 11) Literature scene in India at a glance (To go with Literature: 2010 in Retrospect)December 24th, 2010 - 12:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 24 (IANS) The world of books and litterateurs in India was abuzz with lots of activity, launches and awards. While the Hay Festival debuted in scenic Kerala, grand old writer Khushwant Singh proved that he was still going strong at 96. Here’s literature at a glance in 2010. - Hay Festival debuts in Kerala as an annual feature.
- Jaipur Literature Festival announces first ever prize for South Asian fiction in English.
- Rana Dasgupta wins the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize for “Solo”.
- Novelist Salman Rushdie releases second book for children, “Luka And the Fire of Life”.
- Bestselling novelist Ken Follett visits India for the first time to promote his new book “Fall Of Giants”.
- Poet-writer O.N.V. Kurup honoured with Jnanpith Award.
- Booker Prize winning writer Arundhati Roy in legal tangle for her statements on Kashmir.
- P. Lal, founder of Writer’s Workshop, one of the oldest creative publishing houses, dies in Kolkata.
- Manu Joseph’s “Serious Men” bag The Hindu Literary Award.
- Khushwant Singh publishes new novel “The Sunset Club’.
- Hay Festival host literary personalities in Thiruvananthapuram - Nov 13, 2010
- Three-day Hay Festival begins in Kerala - Nov 12, 2010
- Commonwealth English must assimilate: Hay Fest founder - Oct 21, 2011
- Jnanpith winner ONV arrives to rousing welcome - Sep 25, 2010
- Indian literary scene saw fests, awards, strong publishing (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
- Malayalam poet ONV gets Jnanpith award - Sep 24, 2010
- Rushdie's Jaipur visit under cloud (Second Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Salman Rushdie for Jaipur Lit Fest Jan 20-22 (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Rushdie to speak via video on 'Midnight's Children' (Second Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Salman Rushdie to attend Jaipur Lit Fest Jan 20-22 - Jan 03, 2012
- Salman Rushdie's name off Jaipur Festival's events roster - Jan 17, 2012
- Rushdie likely in India this weekend for India Today conclave - Mar 13, 2012
- PM presents Jnanpith Award to O.N.V. Kurup - Feb 11, 2011
- Kolkata litterateurs to protest 'persecution' of 'Satanic Verses' readers - Jan 24, 2012
- Writers resent muzzle on Salman Rushdie - Jan 21, 2012
Tags: arundhati roy, asian fiction, bestselling novelist, booker prize, commonwealth writers prize, creative publishing, dec 24, fire of life, hay festival, ken follett, legal tangle, literature festival, luka, new novel, p lal, publishing houses, rana dasgupta, retrospect, salman rushdie, sunset club