Afghan violence: India voices profound concern, hopes for normalcyApril 16th, 2012 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi/New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) India Monday conveyed its “profound concern” to Afghan President Hamid Karzai over the wave of terror attacks in his country and hoped that Afghanistan will sort out its issues without resorting to mindless violence.
“India believes that Afghanistan will have to sort out its issues amongst themselves in a civilised manner without resorting to mindless violence and it is India’s open desire that normalcy will be restored in Kabul and Afghanistan,” External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna, who was in Abu Dhabi on a three-day visit, said in a message which was also uploaded on Youtube.
“I condemn the outbreak of violence in Afghanistan…. and I would like to convey India’s profound concerns to President Karzai and people of Afghanistan,” he said.
Informed sources said in New Delhi that after Sunday’s coordinated attacks in Kabul and other cities in Afghanistan, Krishna was briefed by India’s Ambassador to Afghanistan Gautam Mukhopadhyay on the ground situation following the terror strikes.
The external affairs ministry has said that the around 4,000 Indians, who are engaged in a host of socio-economic reconstruction activities in Afghanistan, are safe.
- Khurshid represents India at prayers for Rabbani - Sep 24, 2011
- Afghanistan seeks Indian equipment for security forces (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- India, Afghanistan to discuss terror, intelligence-sharing - Apr 30, 2012
- Afghanistan seeks Indian equipment for security forces (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Manmohan to meet Karzai, to oppose Pakistan's meddling - Feb 01, 2011
- India 'cautious' after Kabul attack - Apr 17, 2012
- India reminds Afghanistan of Taliban reconciliation 'red lines' - Jul 15, 2011
- Terror attack: Indians in Afghanistan safe - Apr 15, 2012
- Karzai to brief India on new Taliban strategy - Oct 03, 2011
- India, US pitch for Afghan-led reconciliation process - Jan 20, 2012
- India to convey concerns about Taliban to Afghanistan - Aug 23, 2010
- India's security entwined with Afghanistan's stability: Krishna - May 01, 2012
- Manmohan to warn Karzai about Pakistan's games - Feb 02, 2011
- Kabul attack: No Indian casualties, situation being monitored - May 02, 2012
- Krishna to meet Clinton in Kabul Tuesday; no meeting with Qureshi (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
Tags: afghan president hamid karzai, economic reconstruction, external affairs minister, external affairs ministry, gautam, ground situation, hamid karzai, kabul, krishna, mindless violence, mukhopadhyay, normalcy, people of afghanistan, president hamid karzai, president karzai, profound concern, reconstruction activities, terror attacks, wave of terror, youtube