Advani reiterates demand to bring back black moneyOctober 28th, 2011 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Oct 27 (IANS) Veteran BJP leader L.K. Advani Thursday reiterated his demand for bringing back black money stashed away abroad and accused the central government of doing nothing about it.
Speaking at a public rally at Madurai, around 450 km from here, he said: “I have written to the prime minister on the subject. But till date no concrete action has been taken on that.”
Advani also termed Manmohan Singh as a weak prime minister.
Advani, who flew in to Madurai in the evening as part of his Jan Chetna yatra, said that through his yatra he wants to create public awareness and also to build public pressure on the government.
Referring to the 2G spectrum scam, Advani said Tamil Nadu is the epicenter of the scandal and DMK’s former union telecom minister A. Raja spoilt the state’s good name.
Speaking about the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP), Advani said commercial consideration should not override the people’s safety.
- BJP not soft on corruption: Advani - Oct 28, 2011
- One detained after bomb scare during Advani yatra - Oct 28, 2011
- Release names of Swiss bank account holders: Advani - Nov 04, 2011
- Two arrested for planting bomb on Advani's yatra route - Nov 01, 2011
- A modified bus will be Advani's 'rath' - Oct 04, 2011
- I liked Manmohan when he wasn't PM: Advani - Nov 02, 2011
- Jayalalithaa praises joint effort to defuse bomb - Oct 29, 2011
- Missed Vajpayee on my yatra: Advani - Nov 20, 2011
- Expected PM to act on black money: Advani - Oct 12, 2011
- Advani's yatra: Crusade or pilgrimage? - Oct 30, 2011
- Advani says 'yatra' not to 'repackage' him - Oct 27, 2011
- Bomb plotters should be located: Advani - Oct 29, 2011
- Advani flays government over black money, graft - Oct 11, 2011
- NDA to boycott Chidambaram in parliament - Nov 21, 2011
- Was amazed to see Advani's energy during yatra: Prasad - Dec 24, 2011
Tags: black money, central government, chetna, commercial consideration, concrete action, epicenter, l k advani, madurai, manmohan, manmohan singh, nuclear power project, prime minister, public awareness, public rally, raja, scandal, spectrum, telecom, veteran, yatra