Advani promises drinking water supply to allJanuary 27th, 2009 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will supply drinking water to all citizens of the country if it comes to power, its prime ministerial hopeful L.K. Advani said here Tuesday. Advani was speaking at a meeting at his residence on the supply of clean drinking water to all citizens. At least 14 experts, including R.K. Pachauri, director general of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), B.N.Tandon, former head of the gastro-enterology department at the AIIMS, and Sunita Narain, chairperson of the Centre for Science and Environment, attended the meeting.
“Various issues concerning the supply of clean drinking water of a prescribed minimum quantity, free of charge, to all the citizens of the country” were discussed at the meeting, also attended by party leaders including Sushma Swaraj and Venkaiah Naidu, said a party statement.
Advani said: “A number of programmes have been taken up in the last six decades and large amounts of funds have also been spent to provide safe drinking water to the people, but its availability remains elusive for many, particularly for those from the weaker sections of society.”
“Supply of adequate clean drinking water as also provision of sanitation and sewage disposal will be an important programme of a BJP government,” Advani said.
- Manmohan Singh weakest PM: Advani - Oct 17, 2011
- Hello, This Is Nature's Call From A Garbage Heap! - Apr 07, 2012
- BJP to campaign for Sangma - Jun 28, 2012
- Advani plays down graft charges in Karnataka BJP - Oct 30, 2011
- India's youngest ministry tasked to end open defecation - Jul 20, 2011
- A Finnish solution to arsenic water in India (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- A Finnish solution to arsenic water in India - Sep 09, 2012
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Agartala kicks off mission to become Hepatitis free - Apr 15, 2012
- Six die of cholera in Kerala - Jun 29, 2011
- Indian black money overseas exceeds combined deposits of other nationals: Advani - Oct 22, 2011
- BJP urges PM for aid to rain-hit Andhra farmers - Dec 13, 2010
- Is there any hope for the Yamuna? (Comment - June 5 is World Environment Day) - Jun 05, 2012
- BJP to continue protest, unlikely to oblige on promotion quota bill - Sep 04, 2012
- Solar based drinking water system in Maoist-hit areas - Aug 24, 2012