Advani posts second win at Asian Snooker ChampionshipApril 25th, 2011 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
Indore, April 25 (IANS) Indian champion Pankaj Advani crafted a break of 119 en route to defeating Sergelan Batdelger of Mongolia 4-0 for his second win the preliminary league of the Asian Snooker Championship at the Yeshwant Club here Monday.
Also posting their second win in as many matches were Aditya Mehta, Lucky Vatnani and Kamal Chawla, but fancied Manan Chandra went down 2-4 to Pakistan’s Shahid Aftab for his first loss in two outings.
The results (preliminary league):
Group A: Mohd. Sajjad (PAK) bt Ali Mohsen Khamis (QAT) 4-2; Mohammad Al Joaker (UAE) bt Ahmed Hassan Hadi (IRQ) 4-0.
Group B: Pankaj Advani (IND) bt Sergelan Batdelger (MON) 4-0; Lim Chun Kiat (SIN) bt Yuttapop Pakpoj (THA) 4-2.
Group C: Manan Chandra (IND) bt Hossein Vafaei Ayouri (IRN) 4-2; Shahid Aftab (PAK) bt Chandra 4-2.
Group D: Jin Long (CHN) bt Yaqoub SM Al Enezi (KUW) 4-2.
Group E: Karam Fatima (SYR) bt Chul Ho Hwang (KOR) 4-0; Lau Ka Lam (HK) bt Karam Fatima (SYR) 4-3. IH Manudev (IND) bt Hwang 4-2; Manudev bt Lam 4-0.
Group F: Imran Shahzad (PAK) bt Michael Angelo Mengorio (PHI) 4-0; Passakorn Suwannawat (THA) bt Mengorio 4-1; Shahzad bt Mubark Kh Al Owais (KUW) 4-1.
Group G: Omar Alkojah (SYR) bt Danny Lam Tuck Weng (SIN) 4-1; Lucky Vatnani (IND) bt Weng 4-0; Vatnani bt Tae Hoon Jung (KOR) 4-2.
Group H: Alvin Ambatali Barbero (PHI) bt Satoshi Nakamura (JPN) 4-0; Aditya Mehta (IND) bt Nakamura 4-0. Mehta bt Ali Hussain Ali (IRQ) 4-1.
- Pankaj Advani in pre-quarters of Asian Snooker Championship - Apr 26, 2011
- Easy win for Advani in Asian snooker championship - Apr 23, 2011
- Eight Indians advance to knockout stage of World Snooker - Nov 30, 2011
- World Snooker: Advani through to knockout stage - Nov 29, 2011
- Advani, Merchant win twice as World Snooker Championship begins - Nov 28, 2011
- Advani leads way into last 16 of World snooker - Dec 01, 2011
- Mehta eases into semis of National Snooker Championship - Feb 03, 2012
- Advani leads way into pre-quarters of National Snooker - Feb 02, 2012
- Yasin, Pankaj romp to last 16 of Senior National Snooker - Aug 07, 2011
- National Snooker: Mehta, Chawla in title round - Feb 03, 2012
- Mehta sparkles with 134 break at National snooker - Jan 31, 2012
- Chawla cracks 122 for easy win in snooker event - Jun 18, 2012
- Good day for Sudanwa at ITF tourney - Jul 23, 2012
- Kothari ousts Habib to make last 8 - Jun 21, 2012
- Advani, Sethi in semifinals of World Billiards Championship - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: aftab, ahmed hassan, ali hussain, barbero, danny lam, hassan hadi, hussain ali, ka lam, karam, khamis, kuw, league group, manan chandra, michael angelo, owais, pankaj advani, qat, sajjad, satoshi nakamura, shahzad