Advani politicising Malegaon bombing, economic crisis: CongressNovember 22nd, 2008 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 22 (IANS) The Congress Saturday accused Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani of politicising the probe into the Sep 29 Malegaon terror blast and the way India is tackling the economic crisis.Congress leader M. Veerappa Moily said at a press conference that the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) had come out with credible evidence against the Malegaon blast accused.
“Advani would like to politicise it, communalise it. All the evidences are collected,” Moily said. Six people died in the blast in the Maharahstra town — and 11 people have been arrested so far in that connection.
He reiterated the Congress’ stated position on terrorism - that it does not have any religion. “We don’t want to link terror with religion,” Moily said.
Advani had earlier criticised the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government for the arrest of Hindu activist Sadhvi Pragnya Thakur as an accused in the Malegaon blast.
Moily referred to the arrest of Lieutenant Colonel Shrikanth Purohit in the Malegaon blast and said “one army man does not mean the entire army”.
He also said Advani should keep in mind the larger picture of the country’s strong financial structure.
“Financial regulation in India is quite strong. This is acknowledged by the US and they are stating that India’s regulatory system is good,” Moily said.
Speaking at the HT Leadership Summit here, Advani had Friday criticised the record and legacy of the Manmohan Singh government as compared to the “healthy seeds” planted by the previous BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government. He said there was need for a strong government to deal with the economic crisis.
But Moily accused Advani of politicising the economic meltdown and said: “This is a time the entire country should try to face the financial crisis. This is (being) done in the US and in the European countries.”
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- Sonia ticked me off for criticising Chidambaram: Digvijay (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Advani's conscience is selective about terrorism: Congress - Nov 26, 2008
- Digvijay rejects charge of communalising terror - Jul 24, 2011
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragnya suffers minor heart attack - Apr 15, 2010
- Samjhauta blast accused arrested in Malegaon case - Feb 27, 2012
- Almost all major terror cases solved: Government - Feb 16, 2012
- Seven Malegaon blasts accused post bonds, out on bail - Nov 16, 2011
- Advani accuses Congress of communalising UP polls - Feb 19, 2012
- EC puts minorities quota on hold, BJP slams Congress 'bigotry' (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2012
- CBI opposes bail plea of nine accused in 2006 Malegaon blasts - Jan 28, 2011