Advani defends ModiJuly 8th, 2012 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 8 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani Sunday came out in defence of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying he has been “systematically and viciously maligned”.
In his blog published Sunday, Advani said: “I have often felt that in Indian political history, no political leader has been as systematically and viciously maligned as Narendra Modi.
Advani referred to media reports based on a book of memoirs written by former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
“I was surprised to find reports supposed to be based on the book about Gujarat in which (then prime minister Atal Bihar) Vajpayeeji was being found fault with for trying to protect the Narendra Modi government,” the BJP veteran said.
“Modi and his government enthusiastically cooperated with Kalam. Yet no newsman thought it worthwhile to report these complimentary observations of his!”
- Advani slams government inaction on graft, black money - Sep 12, 2011
- Advani praises Modi on blog - Mar 25, 2012
- Will Modi be BJP's prime ministerial candidate? - May 27, 2012
- Advani is emotive as Rajnath calls him PM material (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
- Presidential run-up more damaging for BJP than Congress (Comment) - Jun 23, 2012
- BJP has nearly all of Congress's sins - and a few of its own (Comment) - Mar 24, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj would make a dashing prime minister: Bal Thackeray - Sep 09, 2012
- Kalam may not contest presidential election - Jun 18, 2012
- PM not able to use authority, says Advani - Dec 03, 2011
- Sushma to attend Modi fast on final day Monday - Sep 19, 2011
- Advani all praise for Modi, backs Congressional report - Sep 17, 2011
- Missed Vajpayee on my yatra: Advani - Nov 20, 2011
- BJP paints itself into corner on coalgate (Comment) - Aug 25, 2012
- Modi may skip BJP national meet - Sep 29, 2011
- Advani's last throw of the dice (Comment) - Oct 15, 2011