Advani asks PM to come clean on global financial crisisOctober 15th, 2008 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, Oct 14 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani Tuesday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to clarify the impact of the global financial crisis on the Indian economy, saying that the government was not transparent on the issue.Advani was addressing a public meeting organised as part of the Vijay Sankalp Yatra of the BJP here Tuesday evening.
“I would like the prime minister to come clean on how much the global financial crisis is going to affect the Indian economy. There is a lot of concern and confusion on this score,” he said.
He said the BJP was not viewing terrorism as an issue connected with any community and it cannot accept the Congress’ view that steps against terrorism will alienate a community.
He wondered if “strong action against organisations such as the Indian Mujahideen and the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) constitute targeting a community”.
Advani, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, said the rule of the Left parties in West Bengal and Kerala had affected development in those states.
It is in the BJP-ruled states that the economic development activities are taking place, he said, citing the shifting of Tata Motors’ prestigious Nano project from West Bengal to Gujarat.
- Indian black money overseas exceeds combined deposits of other nationals: Advani - Oct 22, 2011
- Advani questions Mamata silence on graft - Oct 21, 2011
- A modified bus will be Advani's 'rath' - Oct 04, 2011
- Party will decide PM candidate: Advani - Oct 10, 2011
- Advani's yatra: Crusade or pilgrimage? - Oct 30, 2011
- Congress has mismanaged economy: BJP (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Law of diminishing returns dogged Advani's yatra: Analysts - Nov 19, 2011
- Left did nothing for Bengal minorities, says BJP - Apr 08, 2011
- BJP organ hails Advani, flays others - Jun 01, 2012
- Expected PM to act on black money: Advani - Oct 12, 2011
- Government trying to protect Indian economy from global mess: PM - Sep 07, 2012
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012
- Terror attack failure of policy not intelligence: Advani - Jul 14, 2011
- Advani attacks PM on corruption - Nov 06, 2011
- One detained after bomb scare during Advani yatra - Oct 28, 2011