Adopted son sentenced to death for murdering parents, wifeSeptember 4th, 2012 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) A court here sentenced to death a 28-year-old man who murdered his parents, who had adopted him, and his pregnant wife in 2008, terming him a menace to society.
“The convict (Nitin) is a menace to the society. When he did not spare his own parents and wife and killed them in cold blood, what respect he would show for the lives of others,” Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat said.
The court called the convict a live bomb, which has the potential of causing a huge catastrophe, if not destroyed at the earliest.
“I am of the opinion that the life imprisonment would be altogether inadequate punishment in this case, having regard to the nature of crime and manner and circumstances in which it was committed,” Bhat said, terming the case among those rarest of rare cases that have shocked the collective conscience of the society.
“There was no justification at all for the convict to commit the grotesque killings. The convict appears to be without any remorse,” the judge said.
The case dates back to April 2008, when Nitin killed his pregnant wife after she opposed his extramarital affair. He also killed his parents.
- 'Perverse' 26/11 attacker Kasab's death penalty upheld for attacking Indian state (Intro Roundup) - Feb 21, 2011
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Brutal, perverse, depraved Kasab a threat to society: Judges - Feb 21, 2011
- HIV-positive man gets life term for murder - Jan 23, 2011
- Enough proof against Lajpat Nagar blast accused: Police (Lead) - Sep 20, 2011
- 'Barbaric' murder of wife deserves noose: Apex court - Nov 12, 2010
- Bus burning: Three AIADMK arsonists sent to the gallows (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2010
- Painter gets three year's jail for hurting wife - Jul 24, 2011
- Indian court upholds death sentence for Pakistani terrorist involved in 2008 Mumbai bombing - Feb 22, 2011
- Ex-army officer gets 10 years jail for torturing son - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: bhat, bomb, catastrophe, circumstances, cold blood, collective conscience, convict, extramarital affair, justification, killings, life imprisonment, menace to society, New Delhi, nitin, old man, pregnant wife, rare cases, regard, remorse, virender