Administrators Challenge Cup football from Sept 1August 28th, 2008 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 28 (IANS) Twenty one teams from different states will compete in Administrator’s challenge cup from Sept 1 to 9 here.It is the sixth edition of this tournament and is organized by department of sports, Chandigarh, state sports director I.S. Sandhu said Thursday.
“This tournament is approved by the All India football federation (AIFF). Teams from Punjab, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Mizoram, among others, will participate,” said Sandhu.
The teams have been divided into four groups and winner of each group would make it to the semi-finals.
The matches would be played at two venues: Sector-42 and the Sector-17 football stadiums.
- Santosh Trophy to kick off Friday - May 10, 2012
- Thirty-six teams in fray for hockey nationals - Sep 21, 2012
- Tamil Nadu take on Uttarakhand in opening match of national hockey - Jun 04, 2011
- India could host FIFA U-17 World Cup, government assures support (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Santosh Trophy football from May 24 - May 20, 2009
- Champions League T20 scheduled from Sep 23 - Jun 30, 2011
- East Bengal slam AIFF for not promoting Fed Cup - Sep 16, 2011
- Fowler raises doubts on future of PLS - Feb 23, 2012
- FIFA is keen on India bidding for Under-17 World Cup - Jan 30, 2012
- Champions League T20 to have 13 teams, qualifying stage - Jun 20, 2011
- Federation Cup: Pune FC placed in tough draw - Aug 31, 2012
- Champions League to kick off in Bangalore - Jul 30, 2009
- AIFF to discuss proposed new I-League format with clubs - Feb 20, 2012
- London firm relays turf at Nehru Stadium for SAFF Cup - Dec 01, 2011
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium to be developed into football hub - Apr 14, 2011