Adlabs Cinemas support literacy missionSeptember 14th, 2008 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 14 (IANS) Adlabs Cinemas, the movie exhibition arm of Reliance-Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG), announced that it has joined hands with a Mumbai-based NGO to support a literacy programme for girl children.Adlabs Cinemas chief operating officer Tushar Dhingra said the company was working with NGO Nanhi Kali, which has launched a major literacy mission for the disadvantaged girl children in the country as well as an awareness campaign about the importance of education.
“As part of this initiative, we will introduce a special popcorn combo called ‘Classroom Combo’, a percentage of the sale proceeds of which will be contributed towards the education of the disadvantaged girl children,” he told IANS.
Dhingra also praised the efforts of Sheetal Mehta, executive director of the NGO, which is now educating over 43,000 under-privileged girl children in urban, remote rural and tribal areas of the country.
“The Classroom Combo initiative is a small step towards lending our support to the Project Nanhi Kali,” he said.
- STAR Plus announces the LAADLI WEEK in association with the Mahindra's Nanhi Kali Project, for educating the underprivileged girl child - Mar 18, 2009
- Reliance Life launches literacy promotion project - Feb 16, 2011
- Reliance Life's World Cup-linked literacy initiative begins - Feb 20, 2011
- Adlabs Cinemas opens first theatre in Gurgaon - Aug 13, 2008
- Indian innovation in education gets noticed in Qatar - Nov 02, 2011
- Big cinemas to add 100 more screens by 2010 - Sep 10, 2009
- President calls for social movement for gender equality - Apr 09, 2011
- 'Pehal' initiatve aims to uplift the underprivileged - Jul 27, 2012
- More literacy, but improve education quality too: Experts - Apr 10, 2011
- Adlabs Cinemas launches audience research - Jul 30, 2008
- 8 million children still out of school in RTE Act's first year (April 1 is the first anniversary of implementation of RTE Act) - Apr 01, 2011
- Screening of 'Kahaani' for underprivileged women - Mar 16, 2012
- Kashmir's literacy rate rises by 10 percent in 10 years - Mar 27, 2011
- Amrita Rao walks the ramp for girl child - Nov 03, 2010
- Street theatre presses for child rights - Feb 05, 2012