Aditi grabs Usha Delhi Ladies golf titleApril 19th, 2012 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, April 19 (IANS) Aditi Ashok completed a fine start-to-finish win in the Usha Delhi Ladies and junior girls golf Championships at the par-72 Noida Golf Club Thursday for a great start to the new season.
The 14-year-old Bangalore golfer, who was in great for through last season and performed well even in the midst of seasoned professionals, carded a final round of 74 to win by three shots over Gurbani Singh, who shot a third successive 75 on the final day. Aditi totalled 222 to Gurbani’s 225.
Millie Saroha (74) edged aside Gursimar Badwal (77) to the third place, while Vrishali Sinha (74), Amandeep Drall (79) and Anisha Padukone (81) ended in a tie for fifth.
Despite a bogey on the first hole, Aditi played aggressively and had four birdies on the front nine. She birdied the second, third, fourth and ninth, but dropped a double bogey on par-3 fourth and other bogeys on sixth and eighth.
Gurbani also had four birdies in her 75, but she also had three bogeys and one double on front nine. On back nine she had three more bogeys.
Gurbani topped Category A with a total of 225, but Aditi topped the combined A and B groups with her 222.
In Category C, Arushi Pandey (81) topped the field at 247 and was way ahead of second placed Akshita Singh (89) at 265 and Ashvika Gogia (85) at 266.
In category D, Tanishka Kumar (90) was the winner with a total of 263 and Vasundhra Thiara (88) was second at 269 and Sifat Sagoo (94) third at 274.
The Delhi Ladies and junior girls golf championships was the first event for the ladies in the 2012 season. Usha International will be sponsoring the junior and ladies events on the Indian Golf Union’s circuit.
- Two-shot lead for Aditi Ashok at Usha Delhi Ladies golf - Apr 18, 2012
- Aditi in lead in Usha Delhi Ladies golf - Apr 17, 2012
- Millie edges out Gurbani in play-off - Sep 20, 2012
- Amandeep takes first round lead in South India golf - Jun 12, 2012
- Gurbani maintains lead in Usha DGC Ladies Open - Nov 23, 2011
- Gurbani Singh wins Bangalore golf meet - Jun 14, 2012
- Gurbani ahead after second round in Usha Southern India golf - Jun 13, 2012
- Vani edges out Gurbani to win Usha Northern India golf - Nov 17, 2011
- Vani takes lead in Usha Northern India golf, Gurbani second - Nov 16, 2011
- Mehar Atwal leads on a tough day in golf meet - Jun 18, 2012
- Mehar Atwal keeps lead, Vani second at Usha Southern India golf - Sep 21, 2011
- Vani takes first round lead at Usha Western India Ladies Open - Oct 11, 2011
- Aditi Ashok claims Usha Army Ladies golf title - Jun 20, 2012
- Baisoya overall leader in Asia Pacific Junior Golf, team second - Aug 04, 2011
- Mehar Atwal in lead at Usha southern India ladies golf - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: anisha, ashok, birdies, bogeys, category c, double bogey, drall, first hole, girls golf, gogia, golf championships, golf title, golf union, gurbani, junior girls, ladies golf, noida, thiara, three shots, usha international